Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

What About Mask Liners?
RE: What About Mask Liners?
The liners don't help me with dry mouth and I'm not sure they even help with the seal BUT they do make the mask more comfortable for me. The feel of the mask seal without them is so weird that I don't think I would be able to even wear my mask without a liner. I find that I can use the same one 3-4 times. I tried washing and ironing them but they stretched out of shape so I just throw them away after several uses.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-24-2014, 06:55 AM)Lukie Wrote: If your jaw drops down a lot when you sleep the air blowing on it will dry it out. Perhaps getting a good chinstrap to wear under the mask to hold your mouth closed could help. I find the liners help with mask leaks but not with mouth breathing. I use a ruby red chinstrap.

Only 26 days in CPAP but the Remzzzs liners have lowered the leaks to a more steady 10cm. My initial dry mouth was like someone sneeked in and poured glue in it ... actually hurt to open. Chinstrap almost eliminated the dry mouth and also helped the leaks as the mask no longer moves around. I have not found the ideal strap yet - tried Resmed too thin and comes off Sad, Restronics is ok but seams tends to irritate under the chin Sad. Made my own out of the top of an vericose support hose ... works better and holds mask... still need workThinking-about. I will try the "ruby red chinstrap" (brand?) although not my color.
It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop. --Confucius
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the info on this. I was thinking about doing the same. I was skeptical that the liner would make any difference and they are expensive. I found I don't 'dribble' as much, the fit is better and my husband no longer complains about my mask leaking.  Yes I also wash the liners and find I can use them a number of times until they become too out of shape.  Buying suitable fabric is the solution.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mask Liners newtothis1 1 312 12-31-2023, 11:39 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  CPAP mask straps are loose and no longer keep the mask on my face WWu777 8 2,525 03-29-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  mask liners F30i face mask cberistain 7 1,994 10-20-2022, 07:14 PM
Last Post: Kidatply
  Mask Liners and Leaks ejbpesca 2 642 10-09-2022, 04:49 PM
Last Post: Melman
  Resmed P30i pillow mask user unable to get beyond 1.5 hr on mask Roy289 28 3,207 09-27-2022, 10:47 AM
Last Post: Roy289
  Advice for f and p vitera mask leaks full face mask accetableplaintain 2 3,747 03-23-2022, 09:37 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Mask liners Dreamless 2 720 11-12-2021, 10:42 PM
Last Post: Dreamless

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.