Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Hey I'm an RPSGT/CCSH out of Phx, AZ -- recently found out about this board through reddit. 1 rescheduled on me tonight so I had some downtime Big Grin

I read a few posts seems like there's quite a few senior techs, very cool. Is there a CEU thread anywhere? Tongue
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New member
G'day LaminarGullet. Welcome to Apnea Board.

Quote:I read a few posts seems like there's quite a few senior techs, very cool. Is there a CEU thread anywhere?

Very few of us are medical people of any sort. This board is for patients helping patients and most of us work (or are retired from) a wide range of occupations. Some of our members have spent a lot of time and effort educating themselves about apnea and the various machines - obviously they've done well judging by your comment. Smile

Please stick around and contribute to any of the discussions. Fair warning though, there is a healthy scepticism about the sleep medicine industry, so it might pay to have a thick skin. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-15-2017, 05:32 AM)DeepBreathing Wrote: Fair warning though, there is a healthy scepticism about the sleep medicine industry, so it might pay to have a thick skin. Smile

Lol thanks for the welcome, trust me people in the field are skeptical as well. Wish they taught us how much insurance rakes people over the coals in school, that was something I was naively unprepared for.

Anyways, I'll try to do my part :-)
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi LaminarGullet,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I hope your sleep study gose well.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-15-2017, 05:56 AM)LaminarGullet Wrote:
(11-15-2017, 05:32 AM)DeepBreathing Wrote: Fair warning though, there is a healthy scepticism about the sleep medicine industry, so it might pay to have a thick skin. Smile

Lol thanks for the welcome, trust me people in the field are skeptical as well. Wish they taught us how much insurance rakes people over the coals in school, that was something I was naively unprepared for.

Anyways, I'll try to do my part :-)

Which is why a lot of us pay cash for our machines and use Sleepyhead software to self manage. I maintain my AHI around 0.5 but was crabby and cranky and braindead before people like DeepBreathing helped me get up to speed.

Welcome!
I use my PAP machine nightly and I feel great!
Updated: Philips Respironics System One (60 Series)
RemStar BiPAP Auto with Bi-FlexModel 760P -
Rise Time x3 Fixed Bi-Level EPAP 9.0 IPAP 11.5 (cmH2O)
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to Apnea Board. It's always refreshing to hear from someone on the Dark Side.  Big Grinnie

Welcome
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Member with new BiPap question Pbeth1 9 201 03-25-2024, 05:13 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New member from Down Under AussieBobJ 6 535 01-10-2024, 12:45 AM
Last Post: AussieBobJ
Gross Family member thinks my SA is a scam?? sleepadventurer 19 1,099 12-02-2023, 08:43 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New member, first night of Oscar data michael7 19 1,619 10-31-2023, 07:07 PM
Last Post: michael7
  New member sghalloway 11 1,070 10-07-2023, 02:13 PM
Last Post: sghalloway
  [Pressure] New member and new OSCAR user squiddog 4 495 09-19-2023, 01:06 PM
Last Post: squiddog
  New Member Intro and OSCAR charts DaveInDenver 2 462 08-11-2023, 04:02 PM
Last Post: DaveInDenver

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.