Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New member & Cpap user.
RE: New member & Cpap user.
Welcome mstiff027,

I am with retired_guy on the humidifier water. I top mine up every night and dump it only when I clean it. you can see on my profile where I noted that.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
I empty my humidifier each day and dry out. You can search and see a hundred different opinions on that. Just learn to put less water in. As far as the mask try to adjust but I think it does take some getting used to. My nasal mask is 10 time less than the full face mask I started with, I had it so tight to keep from leaking. Lots of masks and it may take a few but keep trying.
Good Luck
Doc J
Post Reply Post Reply
and the thing about water is, even though we have to buy it in one gallon jugs at the grocery store it's pretty darn cheap. So if you were to decide to dump it a couple of times a day, it still wouldn't amount to anything compared to the cost of all the rest of the supplies and equipment we enjoy in this nifty hobby.

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-09-2014, 09:16 PM)c0reDump Wrote: Tip with the humidifier -- don't fill it up Smile I only put in enough water so that it just reaches the bottom of the yellow "MAX" tab in the tub. You'll eventually figure out how much water to use, though it is highly dependent on the ambient humidity of your room
BTW: I empty my humidifier tub every morning. Dark wet/humid places would just encourage mold growth I would think (if not in the tub, inside the H5i Humidifier unit itself).
Same here. I empty the humidifier when I arise, allow it to dry during the day and add a half cup of refrigerated distilled water before retiring. It usually has a tiny bit of water left in the morning. It's easy once you get into the routine and puts your mind at ease about breathing clean air.

Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the forum mstiff027. I have noticed both you and trish6hundred have the ResMed S9 AutoSet "for her" and both mention the clicking noise. I have the ResMed S9 AutoSet. I was disappointed my DME didn't supply me with the 'for her' model. My ResMed does not make any clicking noise though. I wonder if it is something with the "for her" model. Why that would be I don't know ... I assumed ResMed and ResMed for her were just different colors (pink). For my ResMed, I bought a pretty skinit with orchid design and have gotten over that I didn't get a pink machine Smile

As for the humidifier tub, I just top mine off. I dump it once a week and clean it with the rest of my equipment. I use distilled water while at home but while traveling I use tap water in hotels. My tub uses different amounts of water depending on how dry it is in the house. We have a wood stove and in the winter with the stove burning, it has to be filled every night. I have some left over after one use but not enough to get it through a second night. We have stopped burning the stove for the season and I can get two full nights before I need to fill it. It will depend on the humidity setting you have on your machine too. The higher the setting, the more water it will put out.

I am not familiar with your mask. I use the Swift FX nasal pillow and like it a lot. I am considering getting the 'for her' size when I am due for a new mask next month. The headgear I have now fits 'ok' but I have to adjust it a lot especially now that I have used it for 4 months and the straps are getting stretched. Hoping the for her size will fit a little better.

Good luck with your therapy. Stay around, read a lot and ask questions. This is the place to be. Folks here are encouraging, and full of good information.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-10-2014, 06:38 AM)JimZZZ Wrote: Same here. I empty the humidifier when I arise, allow it to dry during the day and add a half cup of refrigerated distilled water before retiring. It usually has a tiny bit of water left in the morning. It's easy once you get into the routine and puts your mind at ease about breathing clean air.

Distilled water is what I use too, but why refrigerated?

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-10-2014, 10:35 AM)ImaSurvivor Wrote: Welcome to the forum mstiff027. I have noticed both you and trish6hundred have the ResMed S9 AutoSet "for her". I have the ResMed S9 AutoSet. I was disappointed my DME didn't supply me with the 'for her' model. My ResMed does not making any clicking noise though. I wonder if it is something with the "for her" model. Why that would be I don't know ... I assumed they were just different color (pink). For my ResMed, I bought a pretty skinit with orchid design.

As for the humidifier tub, I just top mine off. My tub uses different amounts of water depending on how dry it is in the house. We have a wood stove and in the winter with the stove burning, it has to be filled every night. I have some left over after one use but not enough to get it through a second night. We have stopped burning the stove for the season and I can get two full nights before I need to fill it. It will depend on the humidity setting you have on your machine too. The higher the setting, the more water it will put out.

I am not familiar with your mask. I use the Swift FX nasal pillow and like it a lot. I am considering getting the 'for her' size when I am due for a new mask next month. The headgear fits 'ok' but I have to adjust it a lot especially now that I have used it for 4 months and the straps are getting stretched. Hoping the for her size will fit a little better.

Good luck with your therapy. Stay around, read a lot and ask questions. This is the place to be. Folks here are encouraging, and full of good information.
Hi ImaSurvivor,
There is no technical differences between the "For Her" model and the silver model, the only difference is color, it's more of a marketing ploy than anything else. I'm not sure there is any difference between the "For Her" masks accept color.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi trish6hundred. I didn't think was a different between the two either. Just interesting that you both have the for her model and hear the clicking noise. A coincidence. I agree I think the pink is a marketing ploy too. It always works for me though where pink is involved LoL!

I read on a thread that the for her mask is slightly smaller. I read up on it and it says it contours to smaller heads better than the regular mask. The for her mask comes with xs, sm, med pillows as opposed to the sm, med, large pillows (I think). I use the small so that would come with either mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-10-2014, 01:44 PM)ImaSurvivor Wrote: Hi trish6hundred. I didn't think was a different between the two either. Just interesting that you both have the for her model and hear the clicking noise. A coincidence. I agree I think the pink is a marketing ploy too. It always works for me though where pink is involved LoL!

I read on a thread that the for her mask is slightly smaller. I read up on it and it says it contours to smaller heads better than the regular mask. The for her mask comes with xs, sm, med pillows as opposed to the sm, med, large pillows (I think). I use the small so that would come with either mask.
Hi ImaSurvivor,
I have a strange reason to like the color pink even though I can't see colors. My dad used to build and drive race cars, super modified stock cars, to be exact,and he built one,and painted it hot pink) and I think that explains why I fell for the marketing ploy, even though it is a different shade of pink, (Ha-Ha.)
To this day, my dad still tinkers with cars at eighty, I sure wish he'd treat his sleep apnea though.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
trish6hundred, pink is a lovely color! All shades of it!!! My Dad is 82. I think he has had sleep apnea too. He has always snored since I can remember and in January underwent open heart quadruple bypass surgery. He is doing very well right now following surgery. He has lost weight in the last year as he and my Mom have cut back on their food intake and even share one entree when they go out to dinner. My Mom tells me she doesn't hear him snore like he once did since losing weight. I am now trying to talk my brother into getting a sleep study. He is a big man and snores. I keep working on him. He has some other issues distracting him at home at the present time and I keep reminding him to get checked.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 24 450 39 minutes ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  New Member with new BiPap question Pbeth1 9 136 03-25-2024, 05:13 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Newer CPAP User, still snoring Warnick13 45 1,490 03-11-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: Warnick13
  [Pressure] New CPAP user - Please help interpreting graphs fsdx2004 40 2,043 03-07-2024, 08:01 AM
Last Post: fsdx2004
  [Symptoms] CPAP(UARS) user 10+ years, still feel terrible DB10 17 1,018 03-05-2024, 09:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question [Symptoms] New CPAP User, Started Snoring Again heyou 30 1,593 03-02-2024, 11:00 AM
Last Post: heyou
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 298 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.