Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New member from Scotland
RE: New member from Scotland
Thanks everyone for being so supportive and offering good advice.

I have not been able to find any S9's for sale in the UK now. The times, they are a changing!

At 53yo and diabetic it could be a P call, but I am not 100% convinced its that that is waking me. I am starting to think its just my natural body clock.

@Judgemental - thank you for keeping my eye on the ball. You are so right, it could be something else and I have been hoping a new machine might be the answer. It so easily might not.

And I did win the lotto last night, sadly only £6.10. But the good news is the jackpot has rolled over to £91 million, so I have three tickets for this Friday!

Post Reply Post Reply
Good luck on the lotto DumfriesDik, and remember when you win to donate to your friendly supportive ApneaBoard forum!!!

Thumbs-up-2
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-11-2015, 06:43 AM)cate1898 Wrote: Good luck on the lotto DumfriesDik, and remember when you win to donate to your friendly supportive ApneaBoard forum!!!

Thumbs-up-2

Already made a donation!! Cool

Post Reply Post Reply
Waking up wide awake is ofter indicative of a substantial obstructive apnea event. You get a jolt of adrenaline in effeort to keep you alive activating flight or flight reflex.
IMO you should definitely upgrade if at all possible so you can use SleepyHead to see what is going on.
I use my PAP machine nightly and I feel great!
Updated: Philips Respironics System One (60 Series)
RemStar BiPAP Auto with Bi-FlexModel 760P -
Rise Time x3 Fixed Bi-Level EPAP 9.0 IPAP 11.5 (cmH2O)
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for that Mark. I have not taken much interest in SA, but the last few months have not been great and I am keen to learn a bit more. To that end, I have been speaking with ResMed here in the UK about a new machine. I think I will have a chat with the sleep clinic and then get one (ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset) next week.

Despite using a CPAP for over five years, I am starting to feel this is the beginning of my journey.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-13-2015, 12:17 AM)DumfriesDik Wrote: .................................................
Despite using a CPAP for over five years, I am starting to feel this is the beginning of my journey.

If you were simply provided a machine and not much else you have been woefully under served IMO. But now that you are here you will find a great bunch of imaginary friends to help you as no sleep doc has the time and possibly even the knowledge. You might want to take a peek at my original posts and see how much my attitude has changed with the help of this group. Too-funny
I use my PAP machine nightly and I feel great!
Updated: Philips Respironics System One (60 Series)
RemStar BiPAP Auto with Bi-FlexModel 760P -
Rise Time x3 Fixed Bi-Level EPAP 9.0 IPAP 11.5 (cmH2O)
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Member with new BiPap question Pbeth1 9 136 03-25-2024, 05:13 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New member from Down Under AussieBobJ 6 495 01-10-2024, 12:45 AM
Last Post: AussieBobJ
Gross Family member thinks my SA is a scam?? sleepadventurer 19 1,023 12-02-2023, 08:43 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New member, first night of Oscar data michael7 19 1,558 10-31-2023, 07:07 PM
Last Post: michael7
  New member sghalloway 11 998 10-07-2023, 02:13 PM
Last Post: sghalloway
  [Pressure] New member and new OSCAR user squiddog 4 456 09-19-2023, 01:06 PM
Last Post: squiddog
  New Member Intro and OSCAR charts DaveInDenver 2 429 08-11-2023, 04:02 PM
Last Post: DaveInDenver

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.