Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New member having difficulty
RE: New member having difficulty
Problem solved!
Post Reply Post Reply
For the sake of the next person with this problem...what did you do?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I removed the SH program, then ran regedit, searched the term Sleepyhead, and deleted those lines in regedit. Reinstalled SH. Be very careful to only delete only the lines that have Sleepyhead in them.

Post Reply Post Reply
Based on feedback I just tested the batch file. It has a "Second Thought" option that you must answer "Y" to delete the registry key. If you press <ENTER> it will abort the deletion. . . you HAVE to answer with a "Y", "y", or "yes". To test it, Run the file twice. On the first run you'll see the key's value expressed as a bunch of numbers. On the second run this area should be blank, if you actually deleted it.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-25-2016, 07:43 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: PS is pressure support. The difference between IPAP and EPAP. There should be an Min EPAP not a max. So, I suggest:
Mode Auto B
Max IPAP 12
Min EPAP 4.0
Min PS 2.0
Max PS 4.0
Flex BiFlex
Biflex 2

To clarify what this means. When you start therapy with the old settings you are at 4.0/4.0. This is the root cause of the obstructive apnea and hypopnea. With the new settings you will start at 6.0/4.0. The machine will automatically adjust and if it detects obstruction will raise EPAP. If it detects hypopnea, snores or flow limitations it will raise IPAP. On your machine EPAP and IPAP can move independently, but with the PS min of 2.0, IPAP will always be at least 2 cm more than EPAP, but never more than 4 cm. The machine will only to to as high pressure as necessary to resolve AHI. You may need more EPAP pressure if significant obstructive events occur, but lest take our time. The settings I have outlines are very very conservative for minimal pressure and to facilitate exhalation, but give you more pressure support which I'm sure you will find more comfortable.

Sleep rider, or others, can you tell from the charts below what I would need to do to eliminate ALL AHI's? I know that 1.5 per hour is insignificant as far as health is concerned, but I still wake up due to the few events I am having, and I do wake up with headaches, Last night I woke up due to a nightmare; I took not of the time, and it coincides with an event, according to the SH charts.

[attachment=3030]
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Difficulty Exhaling with Nasal Pillows? chill 24 11,115 04-08-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: cant exhale
  New Member with new BiPap question Pbeth1 9 201 03-25-2024, 05:13 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Frustrated as unable to get AHI's less than 5 and have difficulty sleeping. . rltarbu 21 999 03-19-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: rltarbu
  New member from Down Under AussieBobJ 6 535 01-10-2024, 12:45 AM
Last Post: AussieBobJ
Gross Family member thinks my SA is a scam?? sleepadventurer 19 1,099 12-02-2023, 08:43 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New member, first night of Oscar data michael7 19 1,619 10-31-2023, 07:07 PM
Last Post: michael7
  New member sghalloway 11 1,070 10-07-2023, 02:13 PM
Last Post: sghalloway

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.