Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New member - hello
RE: New member - hello
(07-18-2015, 04:50 PM)Dagmar Wrote: The DME company I plan on using provides ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset machines even with a plain CPAP order. My machine will be set for me in CPAP mode with a pressure of 10. But, I plan on changing it to Auto shortly after I get it.
AirSesne 10 AutoSet for Her provide 3 modes of therapy
CPAP
AutoSet
AutoSet for Her

From the clinical manual - available via Email, scroll down to section three
http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual

AutoSet for Her mode is based on key aspects of ResMed’s AutoSet algorithm and delivers therapeutic responses tailored to the characteristics of female OSA patients.
The AutoSet for Her is similar to ResMed’s AutoSet algorithm with the following modifications:
 Reduced rate of pressure increments designed to help prevent arousals.
 Slower pressure decays.
 Treats apneas up to 12 cm H2O and continues to respond to flow limitation and snore up to 20 cm H2O.
 Minimum pressure (Min. Pressure) that adjusts according to the frequency of apneas:
If two apneas occur within a minute, the pressure reached in response to the second apnea will become the new minimum treatment pressure until the next treatment session.

As for masks ... I've been using Activa LT nasal mask for a number years with good results, also "Ruby" chinstrap worn over the mask
Chinstrap is more like a bicycle training wheels -
in time might be not needed but I use it anyway for comfort like a baby using a dummy and a reminder

You're lucky, DME provide 30 days mask trials - not available around here, everything is pricey

Post Reply Post Reply
and you might want to consider staying away from Apria and I heard Lincare runs a close race with Apria.
Post Reply Post Reply
I was told that once I used the mask, anytime in the first 30 days I could come back and try another. I never did, but at least they offered.

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Dagmar,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
My fitting was done at the sleep lab where I had my 2 studies. The first one, I didn't get to sleep in time to be fitted with a mask or CPAP machine. But, at the second study, I was fitted with a Respironics Comfort jell nasal mask.
Much success to you on your CPAP journey.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-18-2015, 06:02 PM)zonk Wrote:  Treats apneas up to 12 cm H2O and continues to respond to flow limitation and snore up to 20 cm H2O.

Zonk,

Could that have been a typo? That sounds like the exact way that the S8 auto responded because it could not distinguish between OAs and CAs. I would think that the Autoset for Her would respond to all OAs and not respond to CAs all the way to 20 cm/H2O.

This is just me wondering out loud.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome
Regards;
Lex Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
welcome! Sorry you have apnea, glad you found our ragtag bunch and all the information we have in our trove
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-19-2015, 12:25 PM)PaytonA Wrote: Could that have been a typo?
No typo. I think, ResMed engineers come to conclusion that girls are different than boys and need to treated softly softly as they're more susceptible to arousal events. Some boys said, they like the "AutoSet for Her" mode gentle pressure increases algorithm
It does seem to have appeal among boys too

Post Reply Post Reply
Wow. Not treating apneas above 12 cm is like taking two giant steps back. I would think they could simply make the response gentler, which it looks like they have done when below 12cm. To me that is truly strange.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the encouragement everyone! I'll post an update and more questions once I have taken the next step. My DME will be MedEuip (by my choice), University of Michigan. They don't have a great website but they should be fine. And, I like the fact that they provide an Autoset machine regardless of order. With the info. I've already found here I think I'll know what questions to ask and have an idea of what I want to try.

David
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Member with new BiPap question Pbeth1 9 134 03-25-2024, 05:13 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New member from Down Under AussieBobJ 6 494 01-10-2024, 12:45 AM
Last Post: AussieBobJ
Gross Family member thinks my SA is a scam?? sleepadventurer 19 1,021 12-02-2023, 08:43 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New member, first night of Oscar data michael7 19 1,556 10-31-2023, 07:07 PM
Last Post: michael7
  New member sghalloway 11 996 10-07-2023, 02:13 PM
Last Post: sghalloway
  [Pressure] New member and new OSCAR user squiddog 4 456 09-19-2023, 01:06 PM
Last Post: squiddog
  New Member Intro and OSCAR charts DaveInDenver 2 426 08-11-2023, 04:02 PM
Last Post: DaveInDenver

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.