Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New member, help analyzing SS and Oscar
RE: New member, help analyzing SS and Oscar
Just an update after sorting out my CPAP treatment after my trial. I ended up finding a new sleep tech through a recommendation from my Dr, she was more knowledgeable than the other sleep techs and Sleep Dr I had seen. She explained my apnea events and centrals and said it takes a few weeks for your Chemoreceptors to respond to CPAP and it take 2 to 3 weeks. i saw a huge improvement to CA after two weeks so this made sense.

I ended up buying my machine through her and purchases a Resmed Airsense 10 for Her. while this seemed a bit odd at first she explained the for her having a third algorithm than the auto set on the Airsense 10. I can report that after 3 weeks with this machine my AHI events per hr are consistently under 1 per night, usually 0.5 AHI/HR. I'm really happy with this and glad i found someone who was knowledgeable about sleep apnea.

thanks to everyone who commented on this thread to help as well.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New member, help analyzing SS and Oscar
Great to hear that you're doing well!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Member with new BiPap question Pbeth1 9 197 03-25-2024, 05:13 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Analyzing OSCAR DATA givememyusername 3 224 03-20-2024, 06:02 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Help Analyzing Oscar Data sillyzippy 10 600 02-17-2024, 05:46 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New member from Down Under AussieBobJ 6 524 01-10-2024, 12:45 AM
Last Post: AussieBobJ
Gross Family member thinks my SA is a scam?? sleepadventurer 19 1,079 12-02-2023, 08:43 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New member, first night of Oscar data michael7 19 1,605 10-31-2023, 07:07 PM
Last Post: michael7
  Help analyzing OSCAR - Sent by beerdujour spaceodyssey 17 1,057 10-18-2023, 10:33 AM
Last Post: spaceodyssey

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.