Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New member help please
New member help please
Hi,

Long term CPAP user but new member.

Up until recently I had been using my old reliable Resmed S7 lightweight. However it developed a variable whine/whistle when operating. I have since replaced with an Airsense 10 and am happy. However as I travel a lot I would like to fix the S7 so I can use this when staying away. The issue appears to be within the motor bearings however when I opened the unit the motor is in a sealed unit. I cannot find a replacement part anywhere despite hours of trawling through the interwebs.

I looked in the file area and can only find the manual for the S8 which is vastly different internally.

I was hoping someone had a parts list or service Manual which shows the part numbers for the Resmed S7 Lightweight? I am even tempted to crack open the sealed "box" but don't know where to find a safe sealant to use when putting it back together- I mean after all I'm going to be breathing it in so I want to make sure it's safe

Hopefully thanks in advance...

Dave
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New member help please
Hi crooked and welcome
I don't recall seen S7 service manual but if you're looking for a backup machine Supplier #2 is recommended and ship to Australia
Post Reply Post Reply
A new machine would be the best option or just crack it open, if you can lube the motor and fix your problem just glue it back with almost any glue. Give it time to cure and run your machine for a few minutes before putting it on your face.

If you feel like it need more time to cure please let it run a couple of days.

There is plenty of air flow to wash out your machine.

But it is an old machine...what are you going do with it, toss it ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi crooked,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Parts are pretty hard to find for older machines, unfortunately.
Good luck to you as you continue your CPAP therapy and also with finding parts to fix your S7.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Your best bet is to advertise locally for an old machine. I'm sure Australia is no different from here - 50% of patients don't use their machine and eventually want to get it out of the closet.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New member from Down Under AussieBobJ 6 486 01-10-2024, 12:45 AM
Last Post: AussieBobJ
Gross Family member thinks my SA is a scam?? sleepadventurer 19 996 12-02-2023, 08:43 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New member, first night of Oscar data michael7 19 1,530 10-31-2023, 07:07 PM
Last Post: michael7
  New member sghalloway 11 970 10-07-2023, 02:13 PM
Last Post: sghalloway
  [Pressure] New member and new OSCAR user squiddog 4 448 09-19-2023, 01:06 PM
Last Post: squiddog
  New Member Intro and OSCAR charts DaveInDenver 2 420 08-11-2023, 04:02 PM
Last Post: DaveInDenver
  New Member Newly Diagnosed Help With Interpreting lauradeaton 0 374 06-04-2023, 07:20 PM
Last Post: lauradeaton

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.