Wiki Editor
Moderators

Machine: ResMed AirCurve10 VAuto
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
Humidifier: HumidAir and SlimLine Hose
CPAP Pressure: MaxI 13.6 | MinE 5.2 | PS 4.4
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: Diagnosed Nov 2011. Conquered aerophagia.

Sex: Male

RE: New member here - Love the site already - Need some advice
It sounds like you'd be in great shape with a data-capable CPAP such as the ResMed S9 Elite. If you wanted to go a step above that you could get the ResMed S9 Autoset.

Alternatively, you could go with the Philips Respironics System One (PRS1) Pro, or the Auto. Just be aware that if you get one of the newer 60 Series machines you won't yet be able to use SleepyHead software or Encore Basic. You'd have to pay for the Encore Pro software and use it until SleepyHead gets updated. The older Model 50 Series machines are on sale now, work perfectly well, and can be used with SleepyHead. I've got one and I'm very happy with it, although most of the experienced users on this board seem to prefer the ResMed machines.

Sleepster
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
08-31-2012 10:12 AM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
biglar831 Offline

Members

Machine: Phillips Respironics REMstar Auto A-Flex
Mask Make & Model: Respironics Amara
Humidifier: System one
CPAP Pressure: 8.0-15.0
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: This place is the best

(08-31-2012 10:12 AM)Sleepster Wrote:  It sounds like you'd be in great shape with a data-capable CPAP such as the ResMed S9 Elite. If you wanted to go a step above that you could get the ResMed S9 Autoset.

Alternatively, you could go with the Philips Respironics System One (PRS1) Pro, or the Auto. Just be aware that if you get one of the newer 60 Series machines you won't yet be able to use SleepyHead software or Encore Basic. You'd have to pay for the Encore Pro software and use it until SleepyHead gets updated. The older Model 50 Series machines are on sale now, work perfectly well, and can be used with SleepyHead. I've got one and I'm very happy with it, although most of the experienced users on this board seem to prefer the ResMed machines.

Thank you Sleepster! You and everyone here has been so supportive. I will let me doc know to write a script for the ResMed S9 Autoset. I can't wait for my new machine! ThanksI-love-Apnea-Board
09-03-2012 10:00 PM
biglar831 Offline

Members

Machine: Phillips Respironics REMstar Auto A-Flex
Mask Make & Model: Respironics Amara
Humidifier: System one
CPAP Pressure: 8.0-15.0
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: This place is the best

I have been using my new machine and will post a new topic about it shortly. I can't thank you all enough!!
11-03-2012 09:02 AM

Donate to Apnea Board

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  New Member Zippo 6 193 Yesterday 11:19 AM
Last Post: Zippo
  Newbie - need advice on settings and machine tmc712 18 392 12-06-2016 09:04 PM
Last Post: tmc712
  Need full face mask advice Bob32256 12 699 12-06-2016 04:37 PM
Last Post: Zippo
  New member having difficulty Slim1950 44 1,838 12-06-2016 03:44 PM
Last Post: Slim1950
  advice for diagnosis steps to take odoyle 14 569 12-05-2016 08:44 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Equipment] Advice on transitioning from pillows to FFM? Strat0caster 8 258 12-02-2016 10:58 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  New member with questions. Junior7734 10 473 12-02-2016 09:35 PM
Last Post: Junior7734