Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New member here - Love the site already - Need some advice
RE: New member here - Love the site already - Need some advice
It sounds like you'd be in great shape with a data-capable CPAP such as the ResMed S9 Elite. If you wanted to go a step above that you could get the ResMed S9 Autoset.

Alternatively, you could go with the Philips Respironics System One (PRS1) Pro, or the Auto. Just be aware that if you get one of the newer 60 Series machines you won't yet be able to use SleepyHead software or Encore Basic. You'd have to pay for the Encore Pro software and use it until SleepyHead gets updated. The older Model 50 Series machines are on sale now, work perfectly well, and can be used with SleepyHead. I've got one and I'm very happy with it, although most of the experienced users on this board seem to prefer the ResMed machines.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-31-2012, 10:12 AM)Sleepster Wrote: It sounds like you'd be in great shape with a data-capable CPAP such as the ResMed S9 Elite. If you wanted to go a step above that you could get the ResMed S9 Autoset.

Alternatively, you could go with the Philips Respironics System One (PRS1) Pro, or the Auto. Just be aware that if you get one of the newer 60 Series machines you won't yet be able to use SleepyHead software or Encore Basic. You'd have to pay for the Encore Pro software and use it until SleepyHead gets updated. The older Model 50 Series machines are on sale now, work perfectly well, and can be used with SleepyHead. I've got one and I'm very happy with it, although most of the experienced users on this board seem to prefer the ResMed machines.

Thank you Sleepster! You and everyone here has been so supportive. I will let me doc know to write a script for the ResMed S9 Autoset. I can't wait for my new machine! ThanksI-love-Apnea-Board
Post Reply Post Reply
I have been using my new machine and will post a new topic about it shortly. I can't thank you all enough!!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 44 1,830 7 hours ago
Last Post: akarifur
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 16 304 Yesterday, 11:48 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 181 03-27-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 874 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  New Member with new BiPap question Pbeth1 9 139 03-25-2024, 05:13 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Pressure] Looking for advice about ASV settings rosebladepat 7 145 03-15-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat
  [Treatment] Looking for Advice jlacassin 0 79 03-15-2024, 03:51 PM
Last Post: jlacassin

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.