Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Source for S-8 data smart cards??
Source for S-8 data smart cards??
The new S-8 AutoSet II is supposed to arrive tomorrow.

I am still a little bit undecided as to even trying to use the data reporting capability of the machine. For normal nightly sleeping, I might download data every month or two just to check to see if anything is changing. Maybe if I am having some kind of difficulty. I view the data as kind of like checking the mileage on my vehicle. Once or twice a year I may check just because. Some folks want to know every day and check with every fill up.

But, I am anticipating that I will use the S-8 as a travel machine, which will likley only see a couple hundred hours a year in use, maybe up to 60 nights a year if I get a job that requires more travel. If so, I was thinking it might be good to pull data, maybe if just to fill in the "blanks" my primary machine would show.

Now, looking around, the cards appear to be becoming scarce. Anybody still have a source if I wanted to pick up a few? Comments regarding durability and stability as compared to the SD cards used on the S-9 or PR 60 series machines? If I bought some now, I would assume they were already a few years old.

How much data does the S-8 actually store on the machine itself? Or is it all on the card? The 5-6 years I had a first gen S-8, I never tried to bother with looking at data.

OMM
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Source for S-8 data smart cards??
Hi JOMyMyOHellYes
Just checked it out, respshop have the data card for $9.90 and the card reader for $59.00, quite reasonable

As for data storage, S8 store compliance data and detailed data on the machine and you only insert the data card in the machine when you want to copy the data on the data card otherwise the data card can be left out.
S8 store 365 days of compliance data and few days of detailed data as shown here:
http://www.resmed.com/int/products/produ...nc=dealers

FYI ... the clinical manual available via email from the link at the top of the page
Post Reply Post Reply
Please note "respshop" is Supplier #29 on the "suppliers list"
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...plier-List
Post Reply Post Reply
Supplier no. 10 also has the data card but it's buried on their website. Supplier no. 1 has the card reader but no data cards.

The S8 data card stores about 180 nights of summary data and 4 nights of semi-detailed data, which is less than what's stored on the machine. It's a smart card which is 1980's technology and limited to a few hundred kilobytes of storage space. It does not show up in Windows as a drive.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-30-2015, 02:16 AM)big_dave Wrote: The S8 data card stores about 180 nights of summary data and 4 nights of semi-detailed data, which is less than what's stored on the machine. It's a smart card which is 1980's technology and limited to a few hundred kilobytes of storage space. It does not show up in Windows as a drive.

If it does not show up as a drive, how do I extract data to a program to read it (ResScan? SH?)

Appreciate the help.

OMM
Post Reply Post Reply
You must use ResScan and install the driver for the ACR38 data card reader. I used one in 2013 when I still used an S8.
I didn't switch to Windows 7 until March 2014; so, I was Running XP.
It made me realize how much I wanted my S9.

The contacts on the data card remind me of those on a a SIM card.

The card reader:
[Image: RESMED%20ACR38%20TOP.jpg]

[Image: RESMED%20ACR38%20BOTTOM.jpg]
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New APAP machine: Lowenstein Prisma Smart Max Robert Detz 10 373 03-21-2024, 07:58 AM
Last Post: WisNaeMe
  [CPAP] PRISMA SMART MAX PROBLEMS WITH SOFTPAP LEVEL 2 rretamalt 18 2,015 03-19-2024, 06:17 PM
Last Post: motivationalGust
  1 year on CPAP - No progress: Lowenstein Prisma Smart phoen1kx 30 1,481 03-15-2024, 04:47 PM
Last Post: phoen1kx
  Oscar and SD cards for machine/user swap ahuman 3 118 03-15-2024, 11:29 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Smart Watches/devices Fourkidletts 172 16,479 03-02-2024, 10:52 PM
Last Post: dataq1
  [Equipment] A new ResMed AirSense 10 fails to do Smart Stop when at higher altitude. mountaincat 6 540 01-28-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: mountaincat
  Data on 2 separate SD cards. Merge? eok361 21 880 12-11-2023, 06:04 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.