Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New member intro
New member intro
Just a intro to say hello and thanks.
This cpap stuff has come a long way since my first cpap machine -- a hair dryer with the heater disabled and a hose glued on.
Naw, just kidding, but when compared to my new S9 that's not far off.

I've worn out two machines in the last twenty years.
In all that time, I went just one night (years ago) without my machine (I forgot it on an overnight trip).
That was the worst single night of my life by going back to the apena/snoring. Never again.

I suppose I'll get into all the data stuff and what not like most of the posts seem to center around, but for now, I'm amazed and satisified with the quietness of the S9 and the Breeze headgear comfort over my old Puritan Bennett ADAM Circut headgear.

In the end, it's about waking up in the morning.

Thanks again for a terrific source of information.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New member intro
Wow, 20 years is very impressive! Welcome and hope you get into the data - it is fun for nerds anyway.

(01-25-2013, 04:05 PM)snorz Wrote: Just a intro to say hello and thanks.
This cpap stuff has come a long way since my first cpap machine -- a hair dryer with the heater disabled and a hose glued on.

In all that time, I went just one night (years ago) without my machine (I forgot it on an overnight trip).
That was the worst single night of my life by going back to the apena/snoring. Never again.

I suppose I'll get into all the data stuff and what not like most of the posts seem to center around, but for now, I'm amazed and satisified with the quietness of the S9 and the Breeze headgear comfort over my old Puritan Bennett ADAM Circut headgear.

In the end, it's about waking up in the morning.

Thanks again for a terrific source of information.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi snorz and WELCOME! to the forum.!
Yes the new machines are better and CPAP therapy has come a long ways, for sure.
Hang in there for more responses to your post. Best of luck to you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I heart the Breeze mask a LOT. Glad to find others who use it!

Oh, and welcome to your new home!

Welcome
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome! This board is very helpful.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-25-2013, 04:05 PM)snorz Wrote: Just a intro to say hello and thanks.

You've been at it longer than ME, old timer. Welcome.
Post Reply Post Reply

Hi snorz, thanks for introducing yourself.

Welcome to Apnea Board!
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Snorz!
Glad you're here!

=^.^=
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi. I'm new here too and appreciate all the information available as well as the encouragement.

Recently went through screening that resulted in a 60+ AHI. The follow up test to figure out the pressure left me feeling so much better that I bought a S9 and used it for the first time last night. This morning the AHI was recorded at 6.8 so there is no doubt in my mind that this therapy is working.

I'm getting a new computer and will get into the software and data analysis soon. It is really exciting to be able to see and feel the benefits.

I'm using a "True Blue" nasal mask and hope to try out the resmed nasal pillows too. Any advice will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-26-2013, 09:41 AM)busteddrum Wrote: Recently went through screening that resulted in a 60+ AHI. The follow up test to figure out the pressure left me feeling so much better that I bought a S9 and used it for the first time last night. This morning the AHI was recorded at 6.8 so there is no doubt in my mind that this therapy is working.
I'm getting a new computer and will get into the software and data analysis soon. It is really exciting to be able to see and feel the benefits.
I'm using a "True Blue" nasal mask and hope to try out the resmed nasal pillows too. Any advice will be greatly appreciated!

I'm glad to hear you are doing better. The rule of thumb is that you want your AHI under 5.0, so your first night is still a tad high, although a massive improvement. You'll get it down more as you tinker with things. I've been at it nearly nine months now and I'm still fiddling with settings and masks.

The mask is the hardest part of the therapy. Everyone is different and a mask that works well for one person may be the worst mask in the world for another. There are probably a hundred different masks available, so there are lots to choose from. I suggest you look at pictures of masks on the Supplier list (link is at the top of every page on Apnea Board). If you have a local DME to buy from it is probably preferable because they can help adjust and fit it for you, plus when you first start they usually offer a time period to trade it for something else. Just being able to hold it in your hands and try it on is a major advantage of buying from a DME over an online supplier. However, in my experience, most DMEs do not stock very many models, so the choice is sometimes limited.

As soon as you get the computer and software post back some of the data. That will help people give you more accurate suggestions.

Above all Welcome
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Member with new BiPap question Pbeth1 9 201 03-25-2024, 05:13 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New member from Down Under AussieBobJ 6 535 01-10-2024, 12:45 AM
Last Post: AussieBobJ
  Some advice with aperia and intro cpap kit ifsmithy 2 324 12-18-2023, 12:42 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
Gross Family member thinks my SA is a scam?? sleepadventurer 19 1,099 12-02-2023, 08:43 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New member, first night of Oscar data michael7 19 1,619 10-31-2023, 07:07 PM
Last Post: michael7
  New member sghalloway 11 1,070 10-07-2023, 02:13 PM
Last Post: sghalloway
  [Pressure] New member and new OSCAR user squiddog 4 495 09-19-2023, 01:06 PM
Last Post: squiddog

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.