Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New member intro
RE: New member intro
(01-26-2013, 09:41 AM)busteddrum Wrote: I'm getting a new computer and will get into the software and data analysis soon. It is really exciting to be able to see and feel the benefits.

Hi busteddrum, welcome to Apnea Board!

Looks like you have hit the ground running and are off to a great start.

Your profile says your Pressure is 20, which could mean a range like 4-20.

How low to set the minimum pressure on an Auto PAP is mostly a comfort choice. If you ever feel like it is even slightly hard to inhale then it would probably help to raise the bottom end of the range.

Some respiratory techs leave the range wide open, 4-20 cmH2O, which I think makes some new users give up and quit because the low end is too low for them.

Because I am accustomed to high pressure, I feel like I'm suffocating if my minimum is set less than 9 or 10, but I think even a new user may soon prefer 6 or higher.

Some experienced users find they do best when their minimum pressure is set fairly close to their 95% pressure (the pressure the machine stays at or lower 95% of the time). This means they are running their APAP machine nearly like a constant pressure CPAP machine, except whenever needed the APAP machine will automatically adjust itself higher.

Take care,
---Vaughn
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Member with new BiPap question Pbeth1 9 136 03-25-2024, 05:13 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New member from Down Under AussieBobJ 6 495 01-10-2024, 12:45 AM
Last Post: AussieBobJ
  Some advice with aperia and intro cpap kit ifsmithy 2 310 12-18-2023, 12:42 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
Gross Family member thinks my SA is a scam?? sleepadventurer 19 1,023 12-02-2023, 08:43 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New member, first night of Oscar data michael7 19 1,558 10-31-2023, 07:07 PM
Last Post: michael7
  New member sghalloway 11 998 10-07-2023, 02:13 PM
Last Post: sghalloway
  [Pressure] New member and new OSCAR user squiddog 4 456 09-19-2023, 01:06 PM
Last Post: squiddog

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.