Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New member, mask issues
RE: New member, mask issues
The OSCAR charts looks about the same to me. Sorry, I haven't used it in a while, so I'm not the best to coach you on OSCAR settings. If you've got the new version of OSCAR, I do think F12 should snap a correct shot, but again I'm not sure now.

The last approximate 2 hours worth, 10-12 o'clock, far right, that cluster of Central Apnea messed up your otherwise decent numbers, and likely increased the bad night's assessment. You had flow limits, leaks, and a bunch of CA all tossed in at the end. Is it possible you may have been waking or a transition from sleep to waking? If you think that's likely, this CA cluster would be labeled SWJ/Sleep Wake Junk. Let's keep our eyes out to see if a pattern develops like this.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm not sure if it's SWJ or not. It took me 2-3 hours to get to sleep, I woke up a lot, and I felt like i'd only been half asleep the whole night. It's worse than pre cpap. I do remember that at one point I was having trouble exhaling, but I don't know what time period it was.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK, that's not a big issue about not remembering clearly. What I've done is note things down in the morning, things that went good or bad, more for the bad stuff. It helped me to keep track of setting changes and to tell the doc I needed a different therapy machine.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, Dave, I will do that.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-23-2021, 04:18 PM)ArcherNeedsSleep Wrote: The leaks with the flat tops all look like mouth leaks to me.  I think tape or a chin strap may be in your near future.  

The pressure may be spiking because of the mouth leaks - trying to overcome the loss of pressure.  I've also seen some comments that there are quirks with the autostart function, and you may want to turn it off if you're using it, just to see if that's the issue. 

For mouth tape, I use Cover Roll Stretch because it's really gentle on my skin and it doesn't fall off during the night.  If you search the forums for mouth tape, you'll probably find at least a dozen recommendations that you can look into as options.

Don't know how I missed this post--

I think you nailed it. I turned my autostart off a few days ago because it annoyed me. Earlier today I ordered the Cover Roll Stretch after hearing about it on leftylanky. I should have it Monday.

Thank you for taking the time to help me.
Post Reply Post Reply
Glad I could help.  I hope the mouth tape works for you.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Struggling with Transition from Nasal to Pillows
I bumped my moisture level to maximum and still have sores in my nose. Ayr saline nasal gel helps a little bit.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sinus issues with CPAP Luka07 10 209 2 hours ago
Last Post: Luka07
  Air Mini issues Bous 0 54 Yesterday, 08:14 AM
Last Post: Bous
  New Member with new BiPap question Pbeth1 9 136 03-25-2024, 05:13 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Issues with APAP WWYD FlyingUmbrella683 1 87 03-22-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  How to remedy issues during lighter sleep period, 3 AM-7 AM rosebladepat 0 110 03-15-2024, 07:45 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat
  Airsense 10 Issues cgries2448 0 157 03-09-2024, 03:31 PM
Last Post: cgries2448
  issues during REM sleep... ifsmithy 5 217 03-04-2024, 12:09 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.