Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New member needing guidence
RE: New member needing guidence
I am also a new member although I have been using my CPAP for at least a year.
My problem is I have a thin face and a rather high bridge on my nose. My two (2) problems are:
1. It seems like excessive air is always blowing out around my cheeks. I have tried at least nine different masks and none seem to fit. I presently use a ResMed Quatro- Air which seems to fit the best ... but,
2. I still wake up with the bridge of my nose hurting. I have tried Remzzzs and they work fairly well but the Pad-a-Cheek seems to work better.

BTW: My AHI jumps from 4.2 to 18.4 on a bad night for no apparently reason. Usually it is between 9 and 11.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-20-2014, 04:18 PM)CasitaWayne Wrote: I am also a new member although I have been using my CPAP for at least a year.
My problem is I have a thin face and a rather high bridge on my nose. My two (2) problems are:
1. It seems like excessive air is always blowing out around my cheeks. I have tried at least nine different masks and none seem to fit. I presently use a ResMed Quatro- Air which seems to fit the best ... but,
2. I still wake up with the bridge of my nose hurting. I have tried Remzzzs and they work fairly well but the Pad-a-Cheek seems to work better.

BTW: My AHI jumps from 4.2 to 18.4 on a bad night for no apparently reason. Usually it is between 9 and 11.

Two words, "nasal pillows" best thing that happened to me maybe not for everyone. Were any of the nine pillows?
Good Luck!

Doc J (despite my nickname I am not a doctor)

Remember to donate to the board if you can, it has helped a lot of people including myself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-20-2014, 05:31 PM)Doc J Wrote:
(08-20-2014, 04:18 PM)CasitaWayne Wrote: I am also a new member although I have been using my CPAP for at least a year.

Two words, "nasal pillows" best thing that happened to me maybe not for everyone. Were any of the nine pillows?

Thanks for the thought. Yes I did try them and yes they worked, except when I get in a deep sleep my mouth falls open. Soooo I taped my mouth shut. I used Johnson & Johnson's Sport Tape. I would always fold a tab so that I could get it off quickly. It worked but I would often have an ear ache in the morning I am guessing because of the pressure on my sinus's. I have both obstructive sleep apnea, OSA, and central sleep apnea, CSA,which I think causes the pressure to be higher. BTW the tape worked by itself for 14 years when I just had OSA because it keeps your jaw from falling back against the back of your throat.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Member with new BiPap question Pbeth1 9 136 03-25-2024, 05:13 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Needing help fixing my sleep with cpap nunogarcia 2 161 03-22-2024, 09:04 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Another new user needing guidance Unathletico 1 167 02-26-2024, 07:08 AM
Last Post: grubsztyl
  New and Needing Help... ranvanman 12 743 02-17-2024, 01:32 PM
Last Post: SnoozeBest
  First Time Oscar User - Needing Help Interpreting Data justinjj 2 322 02-04-2024, 05:32 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  New member from Down Under AussieBobJ 6 496 01-10-2024, 12:45 AM
Last Post: AussieBobJ
  Needing some advice.. SleepyWeasel 16 1,542 12-08-2023, 12:32 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.