Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: Resmed P10
Humidifier: Resmed
CPAP Pressure: 7 to 18
CPAP Software: Not using software

Other Comments: I have had SA since about 1986

Sex: Male

RE: New member needing guidence
I am also a new member although I have been using my CPAP for at least a year.
My problem is I have a thin face and a rather high bridge on my nose. My two (2) problems are:
1. It seems like excessive air is always blowing out around my cheeks. I have tried at least nine different masks and none seem to fit. I presently use a ResMed Quatro- Air which seems to fit the best ... but,
2. I still wake up with the bridge of my nose hurting. I have tried Remzzzs and they work fairly well but the Pad-a-Cheek seems to work better.

BTW: My AHI jumps from 4.2 to 18.4 on a bad night for no apparently reason. Usually it is between 9 and 11.
08-20-2014 04:18 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
Doc J Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: ResMed S9 AutoSet
Mask Make & Model: ResMed AirFit P10
Humidifier: resMed H5i Dumped and dry daily
CPAP Pressure: 10-15
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: Knowledge is King and this is the place to find it! Thanks everyone.

(08-20-2014 04:18 PM)CasitaWayne Wrote:  I am also a new member although I have been using my CPAP for at least a year.
My problem is I have a thin face and a rather high bridge on my nose. My two (2) problems are:
1. It seems like excessive air is always blowing out around my cheeks. I have tried at least nine different masks and none seem to fit. I presently use a ResMed Quatro- Air which seems to fit the best ... but,
2. I still wake up with the bridge of my nose hurting. I have tried Remzzzs and they work fairly well but the Pad-a-Cheek seems to work better.

BTW: My AHI jumps from 4.2 to 18.4 on a bad night for no apparently reason. Usually it is between 9 and 11.

Two words, "nasal pillows" best thing that happened to me maybe not for everyone. Were any of the nine pillows?

Good Luck!

Doc J (despite my nickname I am not a doctor)

Remember to donate to the board if you can, it has helped a lot of people including myself.
08-20-2014 05:31 PM
CasitaWayne Offline

Members

Machine: Resmed vpap auto
Mask Make & Model: Resmed P10
Humidifier: Resmed
CPAP Pressure: 7 to 18
CPAP Software: Not using software

Other Comments: I have had SA since about 1986

(08-20-2014 05:31 PM)Doc J Wrote:  
(08-20-2014 04:18 PM)CasitaWayne Wrote:  I am also a new member although I have been using my CPAP for at least a year.

Two words, "nasal pillows" best thing that happened to me maybe not for everyone. Were any of the nine pillows?

Thanks for the thought. Yes I did try them and yes they worked, except when I get in a deep sleep my mouth falls open. Soooo I taped my mouth shut. I used Johnson & Johnson's Sport Tape. I would always fold a tab so that I could get it off quickly. It worked but I would often have an ear ache in the morning I am guessing because of the pressure on my sinus's. I have both obstructive sleep apnea, OSA, and central sleep apnea, CSA,which I think causes the pressure to be higher. BTW the tape worked by itself for 14 years when I just had OSA because it keeps your jaw from falling back against the back of your throat.
08-20-2014 10:01 PM

Donate to Apnea Board

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  New Member Zippo 6 168 Today 11:19 AM
Last Post: Zippo
  New member having difficulty Slim1950 44 1,829 12-06-2016 03:44 PM
Last Post: Slim1950
  New member with questions. Junior7734 10 468 12-02-2016 09:35 PM
Last Post: Junior7734
  New member from Oz Qasaya 12 467 12-01-2016 10:39 AM
Last Post: Newbee2016
  New Member, new to PAP Capt.Redbeard 7 276 11-27-2016 04:39 PM
Last Post: chill
  Not so new member having mask leak issues erikk 9 371 11-26-2016 02:15 PM
Last Post: erikk
  New Member. This board has already made my life better! Russatrice 9 337 11-26-2016 01:24 PM
Last Post: OpalRose