Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New member needing guidence
I am also a new member although I have been using my CPAP for at least a year.
My problem is I have a thin face and a rather high bridge on my nose. My two (2) problems are:
1. It seems like excessive air is always blowing out around my cheeks. I have tried at least nine different masks and none seem to fit. I presently use a ResMed Quatro- Air which seems to fit the best ... but,
2. I still wake up with the bridge of my nose hurting. I have tried Remzzzs and they work fairly well but the Pad-a-Cheek seems to work better.

BTW: My AHI jumps from 4.2 to 18.4 on a bad night for no apparently reason. Usually it is between 9 and 11.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-20-2014, 04:18 PM)CasitaWayne Wrote: I am also a new member although I have been using my CPAP for at least a year.
My problem is I have a thin face and a rather high bridge on my nose. My two (2) problems are:
1. It seems like excessive air is always blowing out around my cheeks. I have tried at least nine different masks and none seem to fit. I presently use a ResMed Quatro- Air which seems to fit the best ... but,
2. I still wake up with the bridge of my nose hurting. I have tried Remzzzs and they work fairly well but the Pad-a-Cheek seems to work better.

BTW: My AHI jumps from 4.2 to 18.4 on a bad night for no apparently reason. Usually it is between 9 and 11.

Two words, "nasal pillows" best thing that happened to me maybe not for everyone. Were any of the nine pillows?
Good Luck!

Doc J (despite my nickname I am not a doctor)

Remember to donate to the board if you can, it has helped a lot of people including myself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-20-2014, 05:31 PM)Doc J Wrote:
(08-20-2014, 04:18 PM)CasitaWayne Wrote: I am also a new member although I have been using my CPAP for at least a year.

Two words, "nasal pillows" best thing that happened to me maybe not for everyone. Were any of the nine pillows?

Thanks for the thought. Yes I did try them and yes they worked, except when I get in a deep sleep my mouth falls open. Soooo I taped my mouth shut. I used Johnson & Johnson's Sport Tape. I would always fold a tab so that I could get it off quickly. It worked but I would often have an ear ache in the morning I am guessing because of the pressure on my sinus's. I have both obstructive sleep apnea, OSA, and central sleep apnea, CSA,which I think causes the pressure to be higher. BTW the tape worked by itself for 14 years when I just had OSA because it keeps your jaw from falling back against the back of your throat.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New member with EDS. Few questions. 3mp0w3r 17 417 Yesterday, 09:25 PM
Last Post: kwhenrykerr
  New Member but not new to CPAP GPLarge 23 511 03-21-2017, 08:22 PM
Last Post: GPLarge
  New member post looking for others with same diagnosis Dennisl27 16 541 03-19-2017, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Dennisl27
  New member, first night with Airsense 10 auto - advice and questions gcritchley 16 377 03-18-2017, 02:36 PM
Last Post: Mark71
  New member some questions :) mc92 19 633 03-05-2017, 01:55 AM
Last Post: Hydrangea
  New Member - Mild Apnea. Do I need CPAP? Snorilla 38 954 02-28-2017, 09:09 PM
Last Post: Snorilla
  New Member here steelerduk 13 1,114 02-28-2017, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Attila