Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New member optimizing question
RE: New member optimizing question

Here are two zoomed areas from last night.
Post Reply Post Reply
Not very pretty but informative. Ultimately I'm seeing an ASV is needed IMO.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks. The experts can let you know if they'd like to see something more like a 10-minute zoom. My initial observation is that most of the flagged CAs are preceded by flow rates of larger-than-usual amplitude, which suggests arousal to me. But I don't have the expertise to say this with any confidence and look forward to seeing more informed opinions.
Post Reply Post Reply
[attachment=19774][attachment=19775]
Here are two zoomed areas from last night.
Post Reply Post Reply
Raylock1, of your two posts in the last 20 minutes, the first one worked fine but, at least on my computer, the second one didn't display attachments.
Post Reply Post Reply
I see a lot more waxing and waning than I was expecting to see.  The peaks in this cycle I think is what Dormeo is seeing as arousals.  I see these as possibly classic Centrals driven by the CO2 Apneic threshold.  The spike just past 2336 I believe is arousal.

Many of these Centrals show an abrupt start, these are not induced by the CO2 Apneic threshold.  when this is involved the CO2 levels are gradually increased resulting in each breath being slightly larger than the last as CO2 Levels rise and after the peak each breath slightly smaller than the last as CO2 levels approach the apneic threshold.  

The sudden breath at the start of a cycle is more of an Obstructive Apnea, then a Central ending by fading out.  The definition of a Mixed Apnea.  I like to see a 2-3 min segment because it shows these transitions much clearer.
Post Reply Post Reply
Two other quick questions. 
1)in the clinical menu of the AirSense 10 Autoset, there is a is an item called Response.  The options are Regular and Soft.  I don't see this explained in my copy of the clinical manual (but more than likely, I just overlooked it).  I have mine set at Soft, but  don't understand what that means.

2) My DME provided  Slim Line tubing.  The prescription included the option of Climate Line tubing, which I assume is heated.  I don't know if that has anything to do with moisture in the air.  I have to keep my machine humidifier cranked up to max and I still get up a couple of times at night because of dry mouth.  I need to re-refill the water container every day.  Is climate tubing something that would be helpful?

The amount of information available from this site is utterly amazing.  Thanks everybody.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think that the one without attachments was an error on my part.  I believe that attachments are show in an earlier (or later) post.  I as still getting use to the  attachment process on this site.  When I reached 80 I think the prefrontal part of my brain took a real hit Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply
Response is how quickly the machine responds to your breathing transitioning between inhale and exhale and back again.

The heated hose is to prevent condensation in the tube. I like the very slightly higher heat with it. That difference is very subtle.

I too would like a larger volume chamber.
Post Reply Post Reply
I forget the exact technical aspect, but once you use a screenshot in the attachment, it's a one time use somehow or other.

In the hose, climate line is the ResMed heated type, slim line is not heated just thinner diameter than standard. If you're using the humidifier set relatively high, that heated hose may be useful.

A good weekend to ya Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Member with new BiPap question Pbeth1 9 228 03-25-2024, 05:13 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Help optimizing APAP SomeUser 8 1,212 03-12-2024, 03:51 AM
Last Post: SomeUser
  New User - Help Optimizing Therapy Jakeb24 3 268 03-07-2024, 10:52 AM
Last Post: Jakeb24
  Brain Fog - seeking guidance in optimizing my therapy deocder 42 5,512 02-20-2024, 10:52 AM
Last Post: deocder
Sad Lygodia Therapy Thread: Optimizing My Airsense 10 lygodia 43 2,737 02-09-2024, 06:35 PM
Last Post: lygodia
  Need help optimizing and figuring out data variability please fert 8 543 01-21-2024, 10:27 PM
Last Post: fert
  Optimizing APAP settings meticulousdonut 3 348 01-16-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: meticulousdonut

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.