Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New member optimizing question
RE: New member optimizing question

Here is a shorter example..  Looks like only the flow rate is visible.  Do you need me to expand other lines?
Post Reply Post Reply
raylock1 - I'm basing this reply about the Response option off of my S9.  This option determines how quickly the AS10 returns to the set inhale pressure from the lower EPR value, if it is use.  This setting will only work if you have your AS10 set to CPAP (fixed pressure) mode and are using the EPR feature.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
There are Obstructive indications, flow limits, all through, This is Mostly Mixed Apnea, This is confirming my last analysis.
Post Reply Post Reply
So Try EPR=2 tonight and see what we get. Long term I see an ASV in your future.
Post Reply Post Reply

Tried the above settings AND got a sleep collar from Amzon.  The CA's were reduced significantly but still too high.  Progress, I guess.  Actually felt like I slept much better.  Here are copies of the Oscar report for the night and a 2 minute version.  Thanks for all of the help!!
Post Reply Post Reply
Raylock1, it's good to see improvement, and I'm glad you feel better. I will be curious to see what advice the experts offer next.

Bonjour, in post #16, you gave a description of what appears to be going on. I'd like to learn more. Could you tell me if this is the right picture: Rather than a series of arousals, you are seeing repeated wash-outs of CO2, which depress the urge to breath, with the resulting CAs then producing drops in O2 that trigger deeper breathing that washes out CO2, and so on. Is that more or less correct? And is it the repetition of the cycles of waxing and waning that is the main clue here?
Post Reply Post Reply
The 8 Feb close up is an arousal with the following CA likely being some tossing, not waxing and waning
with the resulting CAs then producing drops in O2 that trigger deeper breathing
On 6 Feb you almost got it.

you said "with the resulting CAs then producing drops in O2 that trigger deeper breathing " The centrals do bring down the O2 level but the response to the O2 trigger is typically more rapid breathing, not deeper breathing. CO2 levels are what are causing the deeper breath. During the central apnea, the CO2 levels are rising, if we get a sudden rise we will see a deeper breath. As CO2 levels rise you see a deeper and deeper breath which builds to a crescendo which then starts falling and they keep falling until the central is caused be dropping below the CO2 Apneic threshold. Surprisingly blood oxygen levels have a fairly minor roll in breathing rhythm. That sudden and full start is characteristic of Obstructive Apnea. So we have a combination of Obstructive and Central Apnea in a single breath, in what has to be one of the better examples I've seen of Mixed or complex apnea.
Post Reply Post Reply
Many thanks for this additional information, Bonjour. Much appreciated.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Member with new BiPap question Pbeth1 9 134 03-25-2024, 05:13 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Help optimizing APAP SomeUser 8 1,147 03-12-2024, 03:51 AM
Last Post: SomeUser
  New User - Help Optimizing Therapy Jakeb24 3 220 03-07-2024, 10:52 AM
Last Post: Jakeb24
  Brain Fog - seeking guidance in optimizing my therapy deocder 42 5,376 02-20-2024, 10:52 AM
Last Post: deocder
Sad Lygodia Therapy Thread: Optimizing My Airsense 10 lygodia 43 2,653 02-09-2024, 06:35 PM
Last Post: lygodia
  Need help optimizing and figuring out data variability please fert 8 518 01-21-2024, 10:27 PM
Last Post: fert
  Optimizing APAP settings meticulousdonut 3 317 01-16-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: meticulousdonut

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.