Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Finally, SUCCESS after almost giving up on CPAP (retitled)
RE: New member, please help me interpret results
Okey dokey.  I'll turn the ramp off for tonight and see how it goes.  Now that the minimum pressure is going to be 7, should my max pressure be higher than the 10 it is now?
Post Reply Post Reply
Computerdoc,
I can understand as I look back when I first started and wondered how anyone can possibly breathe in air pressure of 4cm., and quickly discovered that the feeling I had was called being "air starved".  Once I started to move my minimum pressure up, it took very little time to adapt to it.

Try this:  Use your machine sitting up somewhere an hour before bed.  Turn off the ramp and use it at the higher pressure you just set.  You can watch TV or read a book to distract you from the pressure.  You would be surprised how fast the time goes by.

It doesn't look like your maximum pressure goes that high, so for now I would leave it at 7min and 10cm max.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Will do!
Post Reply Post Reply
[attachment=25949]Last night:  tolerated no ramp and 7 minimum pressure pretty well.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good how did you sleep - feel when you woke up? You need a higher low number raise to 8.  You also seem to have position problems. That is normally tucking your chin. Look at your chart, when you have several event very close together shows chin tucking. Some times you can stop that with side sleeping and sometimes a collar is needed. Try side sleeping first if you are already or don’t think you can look into a aft collar. At the top of the site look at wiki and search to read about it.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
I feel pretty good, better than yesterday morning.  What do the charts show?  I prefer sleeping on my side, but my sleep study showed severe apneas during back sleeping.  I have ordered a soft cervical collar and will raise the minimum to 8.
Post Reply Post Reply
Charts show chin tucking about 5 times with multiple events each time. Also to many H, why we raise to 7 but still to low - it might need even more but one step at a time. Hope you have another good night.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
As you can see the Philips does not do well at anticipating obstructive sleep events, and requires the minimum pressure to be optimized to prevent most events. I would judge that with a Resmed Autoset, your AHI would have been much less. The events remaining in your chart are hypopnea, RERA, Flow Limitation and obstructive apnea. As you become more comfortable with CPAP therapy, you will need to increase the minimum pressure gradually to "titrate" out these events. When you are ready, increase minimum pressure to 8.0. That will further reduce events. I suspect you will eventually require a higher minimum pressure than that, but we will increase slowly at a pace you tolerate until your event rate is acceptably and you are getting better sleep.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Glad your feeling better and it seems you tolerated the higher pressure well. But you will, as stated above need a higher pressure. Your graph is pretty much what we expected to see and is typical of the Respironics algorithm.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I’d be happy to switch to the Resmed Autoset but I got this Respironics machine in July 2017 and, as I understand it, Medicare will not pay for a replacement until I have had the Respironics for 5 years. My original machine failed last year just after the warranty had run out, and my DME gave me a “loaner” to keep me going, which I’m presently using.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help - 1 year CPAP - not success - help very welcome! leono85 41 2,622 03-25-2024, 09:32 AM
Last Post: Macka
  Finally had a PSG instead of a PG and the result shocked me mugen4u 47 3,034 03-25-2024, 08:00 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie
Arrow Your Personal CPAP Success Story - Post Here SuperSleeper 1,364 625,960 03-24-2024, 07:19 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Has anyone had success with ONLY a soft cervical collar? ranvanman 7 547 02-26-2024, 09:49 AM
Last Post: ranvanman
  For anyone who is thinking of giving up on CPAP because of the nuisance...... BigWing 3 374 02-12-2024, 07:04 AM
Last Post: BigWing
Cool Success story. ASV - switched from full face to nasal mask 00derek 2 902 11-25-2023, 06:21 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Took 6 months but finally got 100 on myAir app. Any way to improve my treatment? 1978 0 458 08-22-2023, 08:06 PM
Last Post: 1978

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.