Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Finally, SUCCESS after almost giving up on CPAP (retitled)
RE: New member, please help me interpret results
A number of people have resolved leaks with the Knightsbridge dual chin strap from Supplier #37. Some good reviews here http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...-ChinStrap

The Vauto is hard to beat, and will really help you resolve these problems. All of those sections shaded in pink are the variable breathing and I think it is a big source of disruption in your sleep. There is a positional cluster of OA and severe flow limit form 02:00 to 02:30

When you get the Vauto, set EPAP min at 8.0, PS 3.0 and max pressure at 15.0. We will move from there to probably increase PS.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Feel ok this morning.  Replaced hose and entire mask yesterday and hope that reduced the leakage.  Can't wait to get the Aircurve and see what difference that makes.  Thanks for the initial settings recommendations.

[attachment=26091]
Post Reply Post Reply
With the Aircurve, we don't really expect improvement in AHI, it's all about comfort. By any metric used by the medical community, your current results are outstanding.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Are my leakage and variable breathing results today outstanding too?
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-30-2020, 08:43 AM)Computerdoc Wrote: Are my leakage and variable breathing results today outstanding too?

Well yes! I have never seen variable breathing flagged this prominently on a machine before.  We will have to deal with the leaks on any machine, but I think they are partially a function of the discomfort you experience from flow limitations and continual arousal.  If these leaks are from air escaping from your mouth, I think you need a solution for that.  I think I mentioned that the Knightsbridge dual chin strap at Supplier #37 has been used by a number of members to resolve leaks comfortably and safely.  If you can't keep air from escaping, in spite of a good mask fit, then the next step is a change in mask.  We get a lot more leak detail from the Resmed machines, so I guess we can take this one step at a time.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Last night's data:

[attachment=26117]
Post Reply Post Reply
Are you aware of leaks?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Only when I roll over or move about and move the mask's position under my nose.  I've been using the Medium size nosepiece but could try the small or large that came with my replacement mask.  I don't usually wake up with a dry mouth so I'd be surprised if I'm mouth breathing.  

I have an app on my phone that will record me during the night.  I think it's called Sleep Talk.  I could use that and see if it sheds any light on the leaking.

The higher minimum pressure is a bit startling when I first turn on the CPAP, but I quickly get used to it.  I sometimes reposition the under nose piece so it's all good when I start.
Post Reply Post Reply
Last night's data:

Post Reply Post Reply
We will learn more about the nature of your flow limitations and why respiration is so variable once you have some data from a Resmed. Your AHI remains excellent, and at this point, I can't suggest anything that will make the Philips work better with your particular needs.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help - 1 year CPAP - not success - help very welcome! leono85 41 2,623 03-25-2024, 09:32 AM
Last Post: Macka
  Finally had a PSG instead of a PG and the result shocked me mugen4u 47 3,034 03-25-2024, 08:00 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie
Arrow Your Personal CPAP Success Story - Post Here SuperSleeper 1,364 625,992 03-24-2024, 07:19 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Has anyone had success with ONLY a soft cervical collar? ranvanman 7 548 02-26-2024, 09:49 AM
Last Post: ranvanman
  For anyone who is thinking of giving up on CPAP because of the nuisance...... BigWing 3 375 02-12-2024, 07:04 AM
Last Post: BigWing
Cool Success story. ASV - switched from full face to nasal mask 00derek 2 903 11-25-2023, 06:21 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Took 6 months but finally got 100 on myAir app. Any way to improve my treatment? 1978 0 458 08-22-2023, 08:06 PM
Last Post: 1978

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.