Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New member post looking for others with same diagnosis
RE: New member post looking for others with same diagnosis
Thank you TPeters. How long have you been using the ASV machine? Did you feel fatigued and sleepy during the day? Has it helped? My limbs are so heavy during the day and it has effected my quality of life to the point where I can barely lift them off the ground while I walk. My wife says I kind of shuffle but my Doctor says it's because I'm not getting enough oxygen while asleep leading to this extremely fatiguing condition. I haven't receieved The machine yet. I called them yesterday and they said they had additional questions about the prescription and had to contact my doctor. I'm hoping that it is soon. Thanks for your help. 
Dennis
Post Reply Post Reply
Dennis, while you're waiting for equipment, you might want to browse the experiences of others here on the forum. https://www.google.com/search?q=ASV+site...8&oe=utf-8
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you. This presentation is very informative!!
Post Reply Post Reply
Dennis,
My fatigue level was managable. But I had severe headaches in the morning an my memory was foggy till I got going for the day. But if you put me in a quiet room for ten minutes I'd have been sound asleep. What I have learned here is Apnea affects everyone differently.
I've been on ASV since March 1st. An yes I can tell small differences. No headaches or morning fog. Energy level is up, normally by ten in the morning if I got up an six thirty to get step daughter to ball practice I'd need a nap. But now I can general make it all day. But by ten o'clock I'm ready to hit the hay.
Your results may very, apparently I'm an odd case as I've yet to have an AHI over 1 an I've got my machine set to the default settings.
My advice is to read on here ,get the clinical manual for whatever machine you get, an downloaded the sleepyhead software as it give the crew here a wealth of info to help you get dialed in..
Post Reply Post Reply
Dennis, several of us strongly recommended the Resmed Aircurve 10 ASV earlier. You would be doing yourself a big favor to make sure that is what is being ordered.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-18-2017, 08:59 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Dennis, several of us strongly recommended the Resmed Aircurve 10 ASV earlier.  You would be doing yourself a big favor to make sure that is what is being ordered.

I'll  second those recommenations.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the recommendations. I will contact my DME in the morning and let them know
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, I finally got my Resmed 10 aircurve ASV. They had given me an older ASV machine that they had on hand. Since they don't get many scripts for ASV's it was the only one they had. But, based on everyone's feedback from this forum I requested the aircurve 10 ASV, so they ordered it for me. Last night was my 1st night using it and I also registered for their "MyAir" app for my IPhone and tablet. I know that quite a few of our members here on the board have also recommended the Sleepyhead software. Is this something that you would still suggest even with the 
MyAir app? What are the differences and are they"both" recommended for this device? 
Any feedback is appreciated!!
Dennis
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-05-2017, 04:37 PM)Dennisl27 Wrote: Well, I finally got my Resmed 10 aircurve ASV. They had given me an older ASV machine that they had on hand. Since they don't get many scripts for ASV's it was the only one they had. But, based on everyone's feedback from this forum I requested the aircurve 10 ASV, so they ordered it for me. Last night was my 1st night using it and I also registered for their "MyAir" app for my IPhone and tablet. I know that quite a few of our members here on the board have also recommended the Sleepyhead software. Is this something that you would still suggest even with the 
MyAir app? What are the differences and are they"both" recommended for this device? 
Any feedback is appreciated!!
Dennis

Most definitely. Download and use the Sleepyhead software. This will insure that your machine is working properly and that you have optimal settings.

Rich
Apnea Board Member RobySue has posted a Beginners Guide to Sleepyhead Software here:  http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...SleepyHead

Download Sleepyhead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Post images

Post Reply Post Reply
Dennis,
If you have a desktop or laptop, definitely download Sleepyhead. It gives you loads more data than the my air app. An that data is what the crew here needs to help you get dialed in if you need it. The my air app is basically a quick how did I do last night thing.
Sleepyhead works great, I've got a months worth of data from my machine on my laptop now.
An by the way glad you were able the get a brand new machine so soon. I had to wait almost two months for mine. While it was on order.
Torrey
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] First Post - Can't stay asleep with CPAP DKane 7 117 Yesterday, 12:48 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New Member with new BiPap question Pbeth1 9 134 03-25-2024, 05:13 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Arrow Your Personal CPAP Success Story - Post Here SuperSleeper 1,364 625,846 03-24-2024, 07:19 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
Question [Diagnosis] First post-CPAP visit to Sleep Doc - What to talk about? FlyAU98 6 186 03-23-2024, 09:08 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  UARS diagnosis? No improvements on CPAP. What Bilevel machine to get and where? empiricismandstatistics 8 198 03-21-2024, 04:29 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics
  Diagnosis question Timlondonparis 3 182 03-18-2024, 11:11 AM
Last Post: Timlondonparis
  New diagnosis, Vauto on the way, some questions SBTApnea 12 719 03-15-2024, 01:18 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.