Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Well, the results are in...I'm Happy, Sad, and Nervous
RE: Well, the results are in...I'm Happy, Sad, and Nervous
Good machine. Could be the time on the machine is so different from your local time that it has it in two different days.

When you have the chance, please update your profile with the machine info. Instructions here:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...trol-Panel
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Just curious, how do I check the time on the machine?
Post Reply Post Reply
Isn't there some kind of software Respironics has for checking / setting the onboard clock time?

This one is a bit outside my experience.

:/
"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
FWIW, I had quite a few centrals during the night when I started therapy about 20 days ago but they are getting fewer and fewer as time goes on.

I've been tweaking my pressure settings (I'm on a bi level/bipap machine) over the period and now my AHI is averaging less than 1 over ~8 hours. I am still seeking the perfect night almost had it a few times with only 1 event.

Another thing I did is I got a Zeo (which is sadly going out of business now) and I have been tracking my sleep quality (REM, Deep etc...) with it and I have seen vast improvement in sleep architecture.

Give it sometime, it does take time to adjust to it. Look at your trend over a month of data before worrying too much. You can always get a pulse ox to track it through the night.

My general advice is to own your sleep therapy... if after a few weeks you stabilize with average of X centrals a night, try tweaking the pressure up/down a little bit (1CM or less) see how that goes for a few nights.

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-21-2013, 06:01 PM)wojowojo16 Wrote: FYI device is a REMstar PRO c-Flex+ with a heated humidifier. REF 460p...is this a good machine?

Yes, that's a very good machine. With that machine you can monitor your apneas and determine if you've tamed those centrals. If not, and I have to stress that you do not need to worry about it at this time, they will have to give you a different machine. The only reason I tell you this is to set your mind at ease regarding the central apneas they detected in your sleep study. The machine they gave you, along with a little time and patience, will tell us whether or not the centrals are something you need to worry about. Cross that bridge when we get to it.

You'll need to give this machine a good two weeks to a month, and you'll need to take charge of monitoring the data yourself because there's no way to know if they'll do it right or not.

You say you have Onkor software. I've never used it. I recommend SleepyHead. It's free, it's open-source beta, which means it has bugs, but despite that it is great software. You'll need to also download and install the patch for your 60 Series machine. No rush on any of this because your machine is collecting the data and will save it for you. You'll need about two weeks worth of data to draw any meaningful conclusions anyway so like I said, no rush.

Take a deep breath and relax. You found Apnea Board so you're in a good place! Get some sleep, that's the most important advice I can give you. Practice good sleep hygiene.

Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
You cannot change the time/date on a Phillips Respironics machine. You can on the Icon and Resmed.

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._the_clock
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 528 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  Can someone take a look at my OSCAR results? 3-4 weeks of CPAP & still improvements senseisaitama 5 129 03-24-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [CPAP] Please help me interpret my results baganaz 2 178 03-14-2024, 12:48 PM
Last Post: baganaz
  [CPAP] Persistant night waking - Oscar results help please philjones 0 154 03-07-2024, 05:39 PM
Last Post: philjones
  Need help interpeing Lofta test results. LoftaUser 0 127 03-07-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: LoftaUser
  APAP Trial - First Night's Results - Interpretation? Juicy 9 4,176 03-04-2024, 09:34 AM
Last Post: colethegamer
  Help interpreting Oscar results stanley61 10 464 03-03-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: stanley61

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.