Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New member/user needs setup help and advice.
RE: New member/user needs setup help and advice.
BiPAP is an advance over CPAP and worth using. Your machine works like an auto CPAP if you turn off or set pressure support to zero. I don't know why you would do that as it can make therapy much more comfortable. In any event, your machine will automatically increase pressure for obstructive events just like an APAP.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi! 
No I have not used the machine yet. I had thought it had Apap as one of the features, but it does not.
Thus, I am a unsure of which mode I should choose, and the settings to start with per that mode. 

I think I'm going to set it to auto bipap as per your recommendations and try it

That's excellent. 
Exactly what I was needing. 
Thank you SO MUCH! 
I'LL GET ON IT! 
I'll also try to find a way to post the sleep study report... Not  overly knowledgeable about these matters.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you so much for all the help and explanations. I know everyone is busy and I do so appreciate it.

I resized the photo of my report. Hope it posts.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
After viewing the severity of apnea use the settings suggested previously, but increase EPAP min to 6.0.

We would rather you post a report with personal information redacted for your privacy and security. I am going to unapprove your attachment. Let me know if you want it reinstated.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Shoot.. I cover the top but missed the other.
I'm fine with you reinstating it but I'll be more diligent in the future.
Thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply
Your Centrals are 4.3/hr which is about 25% of your apneas (46.4) with an RDI of 58.7, AHI of 53.6

Very Important are your Oxygen Desats! Honestly, I don't care about the lowest value of 62%, but it is lust 1 moment in time, and typically just a spike.
I do very much care about the amount of time 

Note the lower in the list this is the worse it gets.
4.6 HOURS under or equal to 90%
4 hrs under or equal to 89%
3.3 hrs under or equal to 88%
2 hours under 85%
1 hour under 80%

Both CPAP and BiLevel will improve your Oxygen Sats
IMHO you NEED to get an overnight recording oximeter that is compatible with OSCAR to prove that your oxygen levels are stable, these are extremely bad.
USE your BiPap NOW, it is critical to your health.  We will work on tweaking you in.

This raises the question of why are you on a BiPap.  Any other breathing conditions.  COPD, Asthma, CHF (that's the heart), neuro-muscular issues, stroke, traumatic brain injury, Meds including recreational drugs)  Any of this will likely impact the advice that you get from us.

Please post OSCAR screenshots asap, both standard and advanced.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good catch by bonjour on the oxygen desaturation, with a AVERAGE of only 88%. That qualifies for supplemental oxygen. You need to get started on your bilevel therapy as soon as possible (tonight), and it might be a good idea to look into buying a recording pulse oximeter. To review initial settings:
Mode: Bauto
EPAP min: 6.0
PS min: 4.0
PS max: 4.0
Max pressure or IPAP 16.0.

We will make adjustments after the first night and you will likely require higher minimum EPAP. (I reinstated the sleep study image).
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi! 
Thank you for the reply. 
I am on a Bipap because it was the best I could afford. Not for any other health reasons. 
The clinic originally had me on a resmed 10 series Apap.. Which was a horrible experience. 
But I know I need therapy and help. 
I bought it used and hope to manage this with the help of the great folks here. I have had nothing but getting the run around from my insurance company, my doctor and the clinic that did my testing.
I will be using it tonight but have as of yet, not figured out how to erase the SD card that was included. 
I work for a living and have a family that keeps me hopping. 
I cannot express how appreciative I am of all comments and help. 
This will take time. 
I will look into the oxygen meter. 
And no one said anything to me about supplemental oxygen. Not the clinic not the doctor. 
Good times.... 
So would you recommend I book an appointment and ask my doctor about oxygen?
Post Reply Post Reply
Wrenchtwister, if you have any data from the Airsense 10, it might be useful. It's really a very good machine and can be setup in a bilevel configuration. It's limited to PS 3, but done right, I have a lot of respect for it. For bilevel, I have a pretty strong preference for the Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto, but we shall see what we see.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Sadly I do not have the data or the machine any longer, as insurance would not pay for it, and I could not afford it. So I had to return it. 

At that time I was even more illiterate than I currently am. I have spent a couple of months researching when I can, and I believe I can do this with the help and experience from those who know. Those here on this board.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 16 295 3 hours ago
Last Post: Expat31
  Tech Nerds-think this battery setup will work for Transcend Micro? johnbrain 7 105 5 hours ago
Last Post: johnbrain
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 170 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 862 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 43 1,797 03-25-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: Uzupan
  New Member with new BiPap question Pbeth1 9 136 03-25-2024, 05:13 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Cool Smallest travel CPAP setup w/ Transcend Micro kotaKat 4 1,678 03-25-2024, 04:52 PM
Last Post: johnbrain

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.