Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New member/user needs setup help and advice.
RE: New member/user needs setup help and advice.
The most important thing right now is to get on the machine and post both standard and advanced charts, the advanced because of your low oxygen sats. and we will help you dial it in.
As I said your BiPap will help to improve your breathing.

With that dominate of low O2 sats I feel that it is very important for you to get a recording oximeter.  See the Oximeter Wizard for models OSCAR supports.  I would also like you to monitor in the daytime for now day.  Normally we don't ask about daytime levels but in your case, I would want to validate both the BiPap is handling the desats (or not) and also validate your daytime levels.  This is data that you should have when you talk to your doctor.  The doc you should see is a pulmonologist.  And for sure rake in your sleep test.  It is likely that the doc will not accept the OTC pulse oximeter data but it should be enough to get an official overnight monitoring.  But let's see what you get.
Post Reply Post Reply
eBay has a cms 50f Oximeter for 75. I own one works fine, all night O2 reading and is easy to import to OSCAR.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello again.
Here is a few screen shots from Oscar.  I didn't feel like I had a terrible sleep but I knew it wasn't great.

if im not mistaken the chart goes wonky and I  start to get bad, when the pressure ramp kicks in.??

I had some air leaks through the night which dried my eyes out terribly, and, I think the humidifier on my machine is not working...really dry mouth.      I felt like I had a leaf blower strapped to me all night. but I made it through...lol
so im not sure what parts I should be posting but here is a couple screen shots..

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
more.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
You are tucking your chin big time
See the wiki in my signature on Soft Cervical Collar that the link to Positional Apnea in that wiki article.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK. Will do!

On a side note. I don't sleep with a pillow, in order to keep my throat clear.
Is this a mistake?
Post Reply Post Reply
I will be getting a Cervical collar. That article makes perfect sense.

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
Collar obtained and will try to post results as soon as I can.
Post Reply Post Reply
Question...
I breath deeply and long on each breath. It feels like the machine shuts of airflow before I am done inhaling.
Is there a setting to adjust this?
Post Reply Post Reply
Question...
I breath deeply and long on each breath. It feels like the machine shuts of airflow before I am done inhaling.
Is there a setting to adjust this?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 16 277 42 minutes ago
Last Post: Expat31
  Tech Nerds-think this battery setup will work for Transcend Micro? johnbrain 7 98 2 hours ago
Last Post: johnbrain
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 169 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 860 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 43 1,793 03-25-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: Uzupan
  New Member with new BiPap question Pbeth1 9 136 03-25-2024, 05:13 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Cool Smallest travel CPAP setup w/ Transcend Micro kotaKat 4 1,677 03-25-2024, 04:52 PM
Last Post: johnbrain

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.