Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New member with OSCAR charts
RE: New member with OSCAR charts
cpap definitely didn't cause my reflux. preexisting reflux got better after cpap. are you thinking yours is caused by cpap? I should think that's unusual but if so, it's a reminder to me we don't all experience things the same.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
RE: New member with OSCAR charts
I previously had issues with GERD.  Now that I'm on CPAP (really VAuto) my GERD has practically vanished.  Good thing, because I was taking ranitidine for the GERD, and the drug been taken off the market due to contamination issues.  I thought I was going to be in a lot of trouble without ranitidine, but with my more effective PAP therapy, my GERD has reduced dramatically.  We are all different, but I hope with better therapy your GERD will reduce as well.

In the interim you could use a wedge pillow to prop yourself up a little.  That helps with GERD.  However, if you use a wedge, please also use a soft cervical collar.  The wedge will probably increase positional apnea.  Using a SCC will help mitigate the positional apnea.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need help reading my charts Rich66 24 248 22 minutes ago
Last Post: Rich66
  [Treatment] Returning Member - Intertpreting OSCAR Data Dale00 22 632 01-27-2021, 02:15 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  Can I Get Someone to Look at My Wife's Charts mawaw1992 10 436 01-09-2021, 11:40 AM
Last Post: mawaw1992
  New User - Can I get help understanding my OSCAR charts hkhalifa 2 222 12-30-2020, 02:10 AM
Last Post: hkhalifa
  New member, getting (re)started amhartma 18 586 12-10-2020, 11:53 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  New Member Intro plus, no doubt elementary, question 34south 7 243 12-08-2020, 11:01 AM
Last Post: 34south
  [CPAP] First Night on AirSense 10 - New Member DenverAPAP 26 1,123 11-18-2020, 09:35 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.