Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New member with OSCAR charts
RE: New member with OSCAR charts
cpap definitely didn't cause my reflux. preexisting reflux got better after cpap. are you thinking yours is caused by cpap? I should think that's unusual but if so, it's a reminder to me we don't all experience things the same.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New member with OSCAR charts
I previously had issues with GERD.  Now that I'm on CPAP (really VAuto) my GERD has practically vanished.  Good thing, because I was taking ranitidine for the GERD, and the drug been taken off the market due to contamination issues.  I thought I was going to be in a lot of trouble without ranitidine, but with my more effective PAP therapy, my GERD has reduced dramatically.  We are all different, but I hope with better therapy your GERD will reduce as well.

In the interim you could use a wedge pillow to prop yourself up a little.  That helps with GERD.  However, if you use a wedge, please also use a soft cervical collar.  The wedge will probably increase positional apnea.  Using a SCC will help mitigate the positional apnea.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  3 Days of Oscar Charts - Looking for advice Jakeb24 5 131 04-15-2024, 10:10 AM
Last Post: Jakeb24
  Do my OSCAR charts and figures look okay (newbie)? Jade98 4 173 04-02-2024, 12:59 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Help Interpreting Charts to ID Potential Palatal Prolapse - Deep Sleep Issue reedro287 5 201 03-26-2024, 08:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  New Member with new BiPap question Pbeth1 9 201 03-25-2024, 05:13 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Help Interpreting Oscar Charts - Huge Clusters of OA Heaviside 3 412 02-22-2024, 09:58 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] New with CPAP Request Assist with OSCAR Charts YankeeLaker 18 1,168 01-30-2024, 07:56 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [CPAP] Some Oscar Charts from me Dataporter 3 292 01-28-2024, 09:15 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.