Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New member with a question...go figure
Wink 
New member with a question...go figure
Greetings all, new member here with a question. I've been on CPAP for a month now, and beyond the usual getting started growing pains and questions, I have one specifically for the mask. I'm using the F&P Simplus, and have noticed that as time goes by, the connection between the pillow and the frame become looser and looser, now to the point where they really don't "attach" at all. It's now to the point that to don the mask, I have to hold the pillow to my face with one hand (there's words I never thought I'd type), then hold the frame to the pillow with the other hand, and switching hands then attach the straps. Getting it off in the morning is easier; I remove one of the clips from the frame and the whole thing falls in my lap. Sad I'm due for a new pillow shortly, and maybe that will fix the problem, but was wondering if this was a known issue with the Simplus or do I have a lemon?

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New member with a question...go figure
You have a lemon. I have been using one since May and it is as good as new. The pillow portion will wear out eventually. Boiling it for a while can extend its life a bit. But the hard plastic portions should last for years.

Check for a crack on the frame. If that is the issue, some epoxy or crazy glue might keep it going for a bit long.

Chuck
Post Reply Post Reply
I would contact your DME, Maybe it's a defective mask they should be able to swap it out for you, Shouldn't get that loose so quickly.
Good Luck
Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi JinMHK,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
You might try to get it exchanged, it shouldn't be that loose.
Good luck to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Can Anyone Help me figure out what this is? jmperez1013 1 132 03-11-2024, 08:11 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Sudden onset of desats - can't figure out why MCS2014 7 309 02-26-2024, 08:25 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  New member from Down Under AussieBobJ 6 487 01-10-2024, 12:45 AM
Last Post: AussieBobJ
Gross Family member thinks my SA is a scam?? sleepadventurer 19 996 12-02-2023, 08:43 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New member, first night of Oscar data michael7 19 1,531 10-31-2023, 07:07 PM
Last Post: michael7
  New member sghalloway 11 970 10-07-2023, 02:13 PM
Last Post: sghalloway
  Help me figure out what I have? neopeius 0 256 09-19-2023, 02:56 PM
Last Post: neopeius

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.