Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Diagnosis] New and Desperate
RE: New and Desperate
I agree with everything Bonjour has discussed with you so far. Since you have the sleep study pending, it is going to provide very useful information in decision-making. Normally, all patients are diagnosed with obstructive sleep apnea and started on CPAP. Since you are working largely out of pocket, we want to avoid wasting time and money on anything that is not going to work. Your doctor will still play in important role, and we want to keep him on your side to provide the prescriptions that will make maintaining therapy easier, and may eventually migrate to coverage by insurance.

The Resmed Aircurve 10 ASV is an amazing machine for individuals with complex apnea as you appear to have. It stabilizes the airway against obstructive events, and provides pressure support on a breath by breath basis to maintain breathing volume and rate. Do not be surprised if your doctor wants you screened for cardiac function (left ventricular ejection fraction LVEF) before he will prescribe ASV. A 2015 study (SERVE-HF) found a risk associated with ASV for hearth failure patients with LVEF<45%. This finding appears to be in the process of being reversed by a new study (ADVENT-HF), but at this time the cardiac screening is S.O.P. You will need a prescription to obtain ASV from Supplier #2. So hang in there, and post your sleep study results when they are available.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New and Desperate
Thank you both for all the information and taking the time to reply.  I did check my ECG results and my LVEF is 64.  I went a picked up a copy from my primary so I would have it for the Neurologist.  Hopefully I will get the results from the titration study soon and can move forward.  Until then I will just be patient.

Thank you again.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mask anxiety is making me desperate - any help appreciated! Tropicalhammock777 9 721 11-14-2023, 02:47 PM
Last Post: mesenteria
  Am I doing this right (OSCAR)? - Desperate and Need help Psperez27 5 496 10-15-2023, 05:51 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Desperate for Humidity level help please luigi28me 4 649 09-24-2023, 11:17 AM
Last Post: Lucky7
  [Treatment] Desperate for assistance. UARS and APAP vermilion48 3 665 09-11-2023, 11:37 PM
Last Post: jwest
  New Member desperate for help Mandrake 17 1,342 10-18-2022, 02:55 PM
Last Post: Mandrake
  Desperate need of help understanding results AM777 17 1,732 01-31-2022, 09:24 PM
Last Post: AM777
  5 years on cpap, no improvement. getting desperate for some help. kc210 38 3,427 09-20-2020, 06:24 PM
Last Post: sheepless

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.