Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New nasal pillows smell BAD!!!
Has anyone noticed the BAD smell that permeates a pair of new nasal pillows - in particular the AirFit P10 pillows? I put a new pair of pillows on my mask last night, turned on the machine and immediately started noticing a peculiar smell. For lack of a better description, the odor strongly resembles cow manure. My husband asked me "did you wash the pillows before putting them on the mask"? Me: "What.....me wash brand new pillows?....Ah, that answer would be 'No'. So I got up and washed them and put them back on the mask. The smell was better but not entirely gone. The odor must be leftover from the manufacturing process, but it is anything but pleasant. Thinking-about
Post Reply Post Reply
Are you sure you didn't just leave the bedroom window open? Those darn cows..... They'll foul up a good nights sleep every time.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ialways give my new pillowas a quick wash with baby shampoo.
it takes that ugly stinky away and leaves a nice baby, flowery, fresh, airy, spring, summer , fall, outdoorsy,type of odour.

Bigwink
Post Reply Post Reply

Hi GrammaBear,
Yes I noticed that with my P10 pillows. They didn't smell like cow manure to me, they smelled more like a patrolium based solvant or something like that. I just soaked them before I used them for the first time in warm, mild soapy water, that pretty much took care of it.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-06-2014, 12:55 PM)retired_guy Wrote: Are you sure you didn't just leave the bedroom window open? Those darn cows..... They'll foul up a good nights sleep every time.

Actually it isn't the cows, it is my husband and his 'dad-burn' jalapeno peppers he eats.

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-06-2014, 12:59 PM)Bompa Wrote: Ialways give my new pillowas a quick wash with baby shampoo.
it takes that ugly stinky away and leaves a nice baby, flowery, fresh, airy, spring, summer , fall, outdoorsy,type of odour.

Bigwink

Never thought of using baby shampoo, will have to give that a try next time.

Post Reply Post Reply

I like to use the Burt's Bees Baby Shampoo and Wash, very mild, good ingredients and the smell is light - which is good as I also have asthma.
Evpraxia in the Pacific Northwest USA
Diagnosed: 44 AHI when supine, O2 down to 82%
Treated since 20 Sept 2014:: 0.7 AHI, Settings 7-15, EPR on Full Time at Level 3
Better living through CPAP/APAP machines!
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-06-2014, 01:49 PM)Evpraxia Wrote: I like to use the Burt's Bees Baby Shampoo and Wash, very mild, good ingredients and the smell is light - which is good as I also have asthma.

I've heard good things about that brand of baby shampoo, will have to buy some at the market.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I finally unloaded those pillows PollCat 3 1,785 07-07-2012, 09:16 PM
Last Post: sleepisgreat