Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Format SD Card in ResMed Airsense 11?
RE: Format SD Card in ResMed Airsense 11?
Mac for the CPAP files, and then Parallels running windows 10 for the Pulse-Ox files.
Post Reply Post Reply
I went out and bought an SD card last night; came home and inserted it into my new AirSense 11. Then tonight I was getting ready to pull the SD card out and run OSCAR for the first time, and I was disappointed to learn that my 2yo laptop doesn't have an SD slot. [sad trombone music]
Post Reply Post Reply
@cathyf

If you are using Finder to copy the SD card (drag/drop) then it is likely changing the file time and/or extended attributes.  There are no xattr from the SD card data or from your machine, but when you copy the data with Finder that usually changes. Same happens when you move the data between your computer and DropBox. The xattr are hidden but if the Resmed card reader or software your Dr uses checks the file integrity it may fail because of this.

Here is an example of a pdf I just d/l from my dropbox where you can see the xattr (2 in this case):
Code:
jeff@Jeff-MBA test % xattr USOC_Wiring_Guide.pdf
com.apple.metadata:kMDItemWhereFroms
com.apple.quarantine
jeff@Jeff-MBA test %

I would recommend trying "rsync" as it will preserve the original date/time/attributes that the files/folder had from your machine.  See if that works for you next time.

My Dr's RT had a generic card reader so I never had any issues with them reading the data from any of my backup cards.  I don't know if the ResMed supplied reader does anything different.

And don't forget about the other hidden files Mac's love to dump on every external storage device you connect.  Usually "DS_Store" and ".fseventsd".  They shouldn't matter for your S10, but who knows what your Dr's setup is like.  It may not like those files being on the SD card.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Let's keep this simple for people who do are not knowledgeable about the details of formatting SD cards.

A CPAP machine records very little information compared to a camera. A 32 GB will last years before it fills up with CPAP data -- probably longer than the CPAP machine will last.

You are probably going to use the card for a long time, so buy a reliable, name brand card, e.g., SanDisk, Lexar, Samsung.

Don't pay extra for a super fast card. With the tiny amount of information written each day, the speed of the card is irrelevant.

You should be able to find a decent 32 GB card for less than $10 on Amazon or at a retailer like Best Buy.

If you have a computer without an SD card reader, you can buy a USB SD reader for less than $20 on Amazon. Amazon even has a few readers that are less than $10. Again, you don't need anything fancy if you are just reading an SD card from a CPAP machine since the CPAP machine records so little data. (You might want to get a faster reader if you will also use it to read cards with much more data, e.g., with photos. Even then, there are highly rated readers for less than $20.)
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 69 25,710 10 hours ago
Last Post: fixed it
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 17 339 Yesterday, 07:47 AM
Last Post: Old Steve
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 612 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,580 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 25,758 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
  ResMed 10 Card-to-Cloud: no cellular device NelsonM 20 3,035 03-14-2024, 10:08 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 225 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.