Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New on Bipap ASV, have a few questions
RE: New on Bipap ASV, have a few questions
From your graph zoom it looks like your CAs have mutated to hypopneas as the asv is causing some breath flow but not enough when you decide not to breathe. More pressure support max ipap is required I think
Post Reply Post Reply
I think your current H events are inadequately treated CA. The Philips Auto SV is unfortunately less responsive with pressure than the Resmed Aircurve 10 ASV. We can see that where hypopnea is flaged, that the pressure support was only about 3 to 4 cm, but subsequent breaths more pressure support was applied and it takes about 3 breaths for pressure support to match your need and normalize the respiration volume. This is fairly typical for Philips, and the only solution I know of is to increase the minimum PS. Very good screenshots, that help us understand better what is going on. While there is flow limitation, it does not look so much like positional apnea.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=15696]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm thinking about trying the same tonight but with BPM off (or auto)

I can also increase the min PS, what value would you try ?
Post Reply Post Reply
I think you need BPM on Auto. It might be interesting to increase PS min to 4.0.

You are on the correct machine. The ST is not going to treat this as comfortably or effectively. It would be great to get you to a point where efficacy is indisputable.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I haven't had a chance to review your charts, I'm on my phone, but I'd try auto and min PS of 4. The only reason I didn't start you there is I wanted to try the recommended default first. We may need to increase further
Post Reply Post Reply
> I haven't had a chance to review your charts

No worries, you are already much more responsive than my Dr and DME, I don't get to try new settings until night time anyway Smile 

You are on the correct machine. The ST is not going to treat this as comfortably or effectively. It would be great to get you to a point where efficacy is indisputable.

Yeah I'll drag my feet a bit to return it, It would be great to get a good result set so that if they put me on the ST and it's bad (probably), I can show them this data as a proof this worked better, assuming it does and they are willing to listen.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ithinkeenred2or 3 more nights
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-24-2019, 02:57 PM)bonjour Wrote: Ithinkeenred2or 3 more nights

As we approach Fall and Winter, Fred has some very powerful beers on tap. Prost!
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Smile 
OK tonight using same settings but 4 min pressure and auto bpm.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am surprised at how slow this machine works. I'm going to slightly disagree with SleepRider on which machine is best for you. The BEST machine for you is the ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV. It reacts faster than the PR models.
Increase the Max IPAP to machine max. Just to allow it because we are starting with a higher PS, I doubt you will use it.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 155 Yesterday, 06:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  Juniper's questions juniper 12 270 03-21-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: juniper
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 254 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  New - so many questions Matsu1 4 262 02-25-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  A few questions!! Iceracer 2 307 01-19-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: Iceracer
  Need Help. Many Questions wkennedy 6 464 12-31-2023, 10:50 AM
Last Post: wkennedy
  bipap Innisfree 2 421 12-12-2023, 07:00 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.