Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New on this - can anyone give me some pointers on my report?
New on this - can anyone give me some pointers on my report?
Hello, and thank you to all you kind persons who share your knowledge with us that have questions about sleep apne and treatment!!

I was diagnosed with severe apnea with over 30 breath stops an hour. I have used my Airsense 10 Autoset since 11th mars this year, and now I have two questions:
  1. I keep taking off my mask after a couple of hours without waking up. When I have to go to the toilet sometime after that again I find the mask on the floor without remembering taking it off. Then I take the mask on again and goes to sleep again. Is it some tricks you can recommend me to stop that habit? Duct tape :-) 
  2. I see that many of you have knowledge on how to tune the Airsense after looking at a report. I have the report here, do any of you have any input how to improve this?
Some background. I took the test because of high blood pressurse, and they found severe apnea. I didn´t feel tired before, and I dont feel anything have changed those nearly two months I have used the Airsense. I have a watch that give me a "report" of how I have slept, and I can not find a connection with whether I use or not use the Airsense. 

I am glad for som feedbacks. 

Best, John. 

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New on this - can anyone give me some pointers on my report?
Welcome!!  I’m sure you will get a lot of the same suggestions. Your min needs to be raised to 7. Reason - 4 is the absolute lowest your machine can go. EPR is set at 3 and that means it is supposed to subtract 3 from the min for your exhale pressure. It can’t because it can not go lower than 4.

Min 4 - EPR 4 can’t me done
Min 7 - EPR 3 = exhale 4

EPR is exhale pressure relief and helps with making it easier to exhale PLUS helps eliminate H events and fle limits.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
In order to reap the full benefit of using EPR 3, you will need to raise your minimum pressure to 7cm.

You may be removing your mask because of the low minimum pressure, which can cause a feeling of what we call "air starved."

Other than than, your numbers look excellent.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
With a minimum pressure of 4 and median of a little over 5 you are probably starved for air. I suggest you increase the minimum pressure to 7. It can be difficult to adjust to wearing the mask. Some find it helpful to wear it while awake reading or watching TV to get used to it.

On the plus side your therapy appears to be effective. An AHI of 0.44 is excellent.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for the suggestions. I will definitely try that out  Smile

John
Post Reply Post Reply
Some people have used bobby pins to keep their mask straps attached, making it more difficult to remove the mask during sleep.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have 3-5mm haircut so that will not work, but thanks for the tip  Smile 

best, John
Post Reply Post Reply
Okay, then try an extra velcro strap or two. Anything that will make it more difficult for you to remove the mask while asleep. With luck it will be a temporary measure, no longer needed once you break the habit.
Sleepster

Post Reply Post Reply
Good idea, I will try that ☺️
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Abnormal report - me or machine Anthony2L 1 170 02-29-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 206 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  excessive snore on report jentlesoal 0 175 02-06-2024, 04:56 PM
Last Post: jentlesoal
  How do YOU report Resmed CPAP data for compliance silverchief2 21 1,449 12-17-2023, 03:34 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  newly diagnosed, need some help reading OSCAR report mushroom 5 478 12-13-2023, 09:42 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [Diagnosis] My first report here Frankiboy 20 1,396 11-08-2023, 02:39 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
  Meaning of information on "Sleep Report" Resmed Aircurve Auto fredhaddock 3 481 11-05-2023, 10:39 AM
Last Post: pholynyk

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.