Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New or Used CPAP?
RE: New or Used CPAP?
How about the [commercial link removed] RESmart Auto CPAP with RESlex and Humidifier, it's only $473 which would leave me with enough for a full face mask?
What should I be looking for in an APAP?

Ian

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed

To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites.  This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.

-----
Post Reply Post Reply
I started with the Resmart that I got myself and it seemed to do the job getting my ahi down. It was good enough for my sleep doctor to say I was ok to keep driving a bus. He wasn't happy that it only had me around 8 cm pressure in auto. I had a overnight tritation that showed 14 cm was best. I ran it as a cpap after that.
Problem was just before 2 years it did it's main board. Was still under warranty so the supplier repaired that. About a year later it did another main board out of warranty. I decided to upgrade and got a Resmed as10 auto and never looked back.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank to all for the info and help. I bought a Res-Med AirSense AutoSet 10 from Amazon for $657.48, incl three day shipping. This is a lot less than I have seen it on the Canadian CPAP sites, so I am hopeful it's not a scam, as Amazon tends to have from time to time. Including a mask, I will have spent a little more than I qwanted to, but I think I got a good machine, so its worth it.

I will go to my local apnea center and and get a mask from them and have them set up the machine.  I am hoping it will work well.

Ian
Post Reply Post Reply
Ian, congrats on the new machine. you have two very good options.  

The best is to have your sister in Ft Worth order the Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset from Amazon.  It will be about $440 (prices vary), and will ship free.  She will then need to relay the machine to you.  The second option is to order from Secondwind CPAP (Supplier #2).  They sell good "lightly used" machines and open box units that are new at discount.  They will ship to you in Canada.  Shipping to Canada often involves collection of a Value import tax, so beware.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-13-2017, 06:47 AM)Ianmark Wrote: Thank to all for the info and help. I bought a Res-Med AirSense AutoSet 10 from Amazon for $657.48, incl three day shipping. This is a lot less than I have seen it on the Canadian CPAP sites, so I am hopeful it's not a scam, as Amazon tends to have from time to time. Including a mask, I will have spent a little more than I qwanted to, but I think I got a good machine, so its worth it.

I will go to my local apnea center and and get a mask from them and have them set up the machine.  I am hoping it will work well.

Ian

Way to go! You’ll have this a long time, and your health will benefit.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-13-2017, 06:47 AM)Ianmark Wrote: Thank to all for the info and help. I bought a Res-Med AirSense AutoSet 10 from Amazon for $657.48, incl three day shipping. This is a lot less than I have seen it on the Canadian CPAP sites, so I am hopeful it's not a scam, as Amazon tends to have from time to time. Including a mask, I will have spent a little more than I qwanted to, but I think I got a good machine, so its worth it.

Ian
Great & congratulations it is a great CPAP machine.  Be sue to check machine hours/time when it arrives.  Should be zero.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thumbsup 

Ian

Great, looks like you got something good.

Did you get it on the US or the Canadian Amazon? Is that price in Canadian pesos dollars? Laugh-a-lot

What local apnea center are you thinking of going to? There are a couple downtown where the RTs are pretty nice and helpful.

However, their prices are Shock .
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-13-2017, 10:26 AM)Sheepish Wrote: Great, looks like you got something good.

Did you get it on the US or the Canadian Amazon? Is that price in Canadian pesos dollars? Laugh-a-lot

What local apnea center are you thinking of going to? There are a couple downtown where the RTs are pretty nice and helpful.

However, their prices are Shock .

I go to Apnée Santé in Pointe Claire. I had my sleep test done there. I got the machine on Amazon.ca and it was indeed Canadian Pesos.

Ian
Post Reply Post Reply
Glad to see you went Resmed and not ReSmart a lot better machine is the AS10.
Post Reply Post Reply
Don't forget to get a clinical manual for your machine. Go to the top and look under MANUALS.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.