Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed A10 Noisy After 6 Months...
Resmed A10 Noisy After 6 Months...
I am on my 3rd A10. The First got noisy after a few months, but it was the A10 Elite CPAP model. I got bumped up to APAP and chose the A10 Autoset for her. It was replaced after about 3-4 months for being noisy. Now 4 months later I notice the new one is noisy as well.

The noise is like my breathing is amplified, plus a bit of a slight whirring sound blended in. Sort of a Darth Vader type sound, though not as sinister. I can understand the origins of the sound, but if it wasn't there when new then it shouldn't be present now.

Any other A10 users having similar noises?

Any suggestions?

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed A10 Noisy After 6 Months...
Yes.. I've just learned to live with it (earplugs), but it probably has to do with the seals between the machine and the humidifier water chamber. I think they wear out fairly quickly. I've also found that the noise is dampened by keeping the water near the full line.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have had the same experience with noise on my machine, with the same sort of sounds. I have a cover over mine and I am just getting used to it. It is really annoying that a pricey machine like this has well known problems. It has to be a design fault and I think Resmed are aware of it and are not interested in fixing it.
Post Reply Post Reply
I put mine on something soft so the hard night stand does amplify everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
I run a fan (for the dog) and that pretty much wipes out any sound in the room. I'm over due for a new tub.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-06-2016, 04:33 PM)JamesW Wrote: I have a cover over mine and I am just getting used to it.
You don't want put anything on the machine can block the air inlet and causes the machine to overheat

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-06-2016, 01:19 AM)player Wrote: I am on my 3rd A10. The First got noisy after a few months, but it was the A10 Elite CPAP model. I got bumped up to APAP and chose the A10 Autoset for her. It was replaced after about 3-4 months for being noisy. Now 4 months later I notice the new one is noisy as well.

The noise is like my breathing is amplified, plus a bit of a slight whirring sound blended in. Sort of a Darth Vader type sound, though not as sinister. I can understand the origins of the sound, but if it wasn't there when new then it shouldn't be present now.

Any other A10 users having similar noises?

Any suggestions?

I have the total opposite problem it's so quiet I don't even know it's running unless I lift the mask off my face, My new forced air furnace is louder.

Now If I were you and you gone though 3 units I would highly recommended that you go to another brand, you have giving them plenty of time and patients to make good and your not happy.... tell them to move on to a different brand.

Good luck its hard enough to sleep good without all that noise.

Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply
I haven't been able to replace the machine. But, did get the humidifier chamber replaced which helped with the squealing, whistling, and hip-hop disc scratch noises.

Sadly, the chirring sound is still very loud. This is even with ear plugs, a blanket on surface it sits on, a folded blanket underneath the machine on top of the surface blanket, a cotton bath mat folded over the machine, (but the air vent left undraped) and a towel tri-folded and wrapped around the tubing on the rear side.

I am extremely sleep deprived, have lost income, and am on shaky ground employment wise due to the negative side effects of the CPAP. I've been using it faithfully since July 2015.

Sorry to be such a downer. But, honestly I'm not seeing the good here overall. Maybe my heart is happier, but that does not matter if you loose your job and cannot function in the world due to sleep deprivation from the machine noise.

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-06-2016, 05:55 PM)zonk Wrote:
(01-06-2016, 04:33 PM)JamesW Wrote: I have a cover over mine and I am just getting used to it.
You don't want put anything on the machine can block the air inlet and causes the machine to overheat

The air inlet is not covered and the machine is never warm to touch, so all is good.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad [Treatment] 10 Months In and Still Waking Up After 4 to 5 Hours Burnsy 3 286 03-14-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Burnsy
  4 months in - Do I have to live with aerophagia? RedNailz 18 1,648 03-09-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: RedNailz
  Going nowhere with ASV after 3 months CaliforniaDreamer 20 485 03-08-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Only CAs on Oscar but diagnosed with OSA - 2 months CPAP and no improvement 444zane3 4 292 03-07-2024, 02:06 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Slept fully twice in 3 months since starting CPAP for CSA redking2436 13 672 02-18-2024, 08:30 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Has anyone ever received a refund on cpap after 3 months. Mwilson123 0 200 02-10-2024, 07:43 PM
Last Post: Mwilson123
  [CPAP] Still tired after 4 months of CPAP mohtorhead 11 1,027 02-03-2024, 09:41 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.