Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New poster
New poster
First time I'm doing this, hope it's right. I've been on cpap for 11 years with excellent results, however since November, i've been feeling really icky, just sick and congested, my leak rate and apneas have gone through the roof and I can only tolererate the machine for about 3-4 hours a night  if that, talked to the sleep therapist and she raised the pressure from a 9 to an 11, things have only gotten worse. I'm using a Resmed air  sense 10 autoset. Anyway 2 weeks ago I woke up to a burning smell, ripped off the mask and somehow got back to sleep, when I checked the machine in the morning there was a burned spot on the underside. I finally got ahold of someone at the medical supply company and to look at it and they kind of chuckled and said that it looked like there was melted wax on the bottom as if I were burning candles (EXCUSE ME - WHO BURNS CANDLES WHEN THEY ARE SLEEPING) and refused to even address any repair or replacement issues. Now I am wondering if maybe anyone knows if I may have some lingering illness from using a broken, burning machine for the past three months and what if anything I can do about it. I would appreciate any feedback .
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question First time poster, long time CPAP user with an OSCAR report. Afasterme 8 1,274 10-13-2020, 09:29 PM
Last Post: Afasterme
  First time poster struggling with mask seal Cammo 10 5,700 12-14-2018, 02:25 PM
Last Post: Melman
  RERAs - first time poster JJ7801 6 2,227 06-16-2016, 05:49 PM
Last Post: DariaVader
  New Poster Nancy Sinclaire 7 2,036 04-03-2016, 11:15 PM
Last Post: chill
  Long time reader..first time poster 49thparallel 9 3,702 08-04-2015, 09:16 PM
Last Post: Dagmar1
  [Diagnosis] long time snorer first time poster Simon 11 4,296 12-31-2014, 08:37 PM
Last Post: Simon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.