Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New -questions about symptoms and time to feel better
RE: New -questions about symptoms and time to feel better
No - its in the morning only right after I wake up and get out of bed- I am mostly stiff and feel "heavy" and a little achy. It wears off in about 20 minutes to an hour.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-25-2015, 10:29 AM)sleepyandsore Wrote: I am only sleeping about 6 hours a night - wonder if that's a problem in itself? I tend to go to bed late and wake up early because I have farm chores that need doing in the morning. I'm also so used to not going to sleep early I think because for years subconsciously I knew that sleeping was dangerous ( had anxiety around bedtime which seems to be easing a little)

Sounds like it's time for the obvious experiment: find out what happens when you allow yourself more time to sleep at night. If your morning farm chores cannot be delayed or done by someone else, you may have to go to bed a couple of hours earlier than usual. No big deal, just tell yourself you have a potentially serious illness and need to discover a remedy that works for you. That should do it!
Post Reply Post Reply
oh oh, oh! I got a guess why you are stiff, sore, heavyish feeling until you get into your day. part of it is not having to toss and turn, meaning you'll stay in the same position. this might allow your resting muscles to stiffen, laying in the same position may trigger a soreness even though you cannot pinpoint how the soreness connects with the particular position. I think the heavyish feeling also is an aftershock of not having to move at all. Your energetic new life pops you out of that before too long.

I bet it has something to do with you not being forced into the fight-or-flight hormonal swings caused by being choked once every two minutes. I read that part of the fight or flight mechanism causes muscles (needed for the fight) to temporarily become more supple, readied for the signal to immediately contract and move fast (escape) while keeping it from being torn. Well, it seems likely that the stiffness you feel is the lack of having had that muscle readiness feeling.

QAL

Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Low AHI but still feel tired everyday Abhi 3 195 Yesterday, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Abhi
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 159 Yesterday, 06:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  Air11 now does daylight savings time! cathyf 5 209 Yesterday, 06:51 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  Feel like my CPAP machine is killing me jimbob123 1 90 Yesterday, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Rich66
  Airsense 11 Time Zone Change ScottZZZ 60 17,436 03-26-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  Juniper's questions juniper 12 270 03-21-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: juniper
  CPAP making me feel very tense while I'm asleep jlpool 15 836 03-16-2024, 05:34 PM
Last Post: jlpool

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.