Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New -questions about symptoms and time to feel better
New -questions about symptoms and time to feel better
What a wonderful Board! I'm so glad I found it Smile
I was just diagnosed with a home sleep study test on April 7th. My AHI was 18 events per hour and 30 events per hour in the supine position. My O2 went as low as 84%. I'm not sure how accurate these numbers are since the night of the test I laid in bed awake for 3 hours with the mask ion before I managed to fall asleep. The doctor said my numbers are likely higher because of that
I have had 4 days on the Resmed Airsense 10 autoset for her. I am using the nasal pillows and also a full face mask ( not at the same time - rather switching between them to see which feels better)
I set up MyAir page online through Resmed and last nights score was 96/100 with only 2.1 events pet hour, with a good mask seal. This is a great number supposedly.This makes no sense to me because each day after using Cpap I've been just as tired( maybe more tired) then I was without it. I am still dozing off mid morning if I am sitting. I feel no improvement at all so far. Is this normal?
Also, I am wondering if some of these symptoms could be due to sleep apnea?
* very achy muscles in the morning when waking up ( feel like I've been pummeled all night long) stiff but not in my joints - really just muscular
* my toenails have ridges horizontally since about 2 years ago - wondering if this is a result of low oxygen?
* some weight gain
*gut problems - dysbiosis - some candida
* thinning hair
* some puffiness in my face when I wake up ( technician said this was edema from apnea?)
I have low blood pressure, not high, and have had burnt out adrenals over the years. I also feel anxiety at night before falling asleep( wondering if this could be my subconscious anticipating the apnea and feeling fear about gasping for breath)
I really appreciate any help you can give me with theses questions. I am 57 and in pretty good health otherwise. I have gained about 15 pounds but would not be considered overweight ( 5'10" and 160 pounds) I eat very well ( organic and paleo). I've been tired for about 20 years though - and hope I've not been having sleep apnea that long. Would my health be affected permanently if that was the case?

ThanksSleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New -questions about symptoms and time to feel better
also- can I take my SD card out of the Resmed and insert into my computer and then transfer data into sleepy head? I'll look at the sleepyhead info as well to see what to do. The hospital sleep technician said she will receive all my sleep data info through it being transferred to satellite and then to her - would my taking the SD card out interfere with that? ( I'd put it back in after transferring to sleepyhead)
Post Reply Post Reply
)
Hi Sleepy, I'm very pleased you found us. I'll start the ball rolling with a few thoughts:

First of all, you will need to download and install Sleepyhead from the top of the page. That will give you a much better picture of what is going on over time.

As to your testing AHI, that's not too bad. So your therapy should be able to fix it up. We do need to know what kind of events you are having now that you are being treated. Number of OA's vs CA's vs Hypops.. That sort of thing.

As to still being tired? When I began therapy I felt like I had a great nights sleep but spent my days yawning like crazy. So I could have said I was still tired. But I really think it was my body letting me know how happy it was that I was finally getting some rest. Over time, the yawning went away. I kind of miss it though.........

As to the symptoms? Certainly some of the things you ask about could be related to SA. One of the nicest benefits I have had since being treated is I can roll over in the night to my back, to my side, back again.... Since I've been able to do that I no longer wake up with my hip about to kill me, or my back.

I would encourage you to use the nasal pillows mask. That will allow you greater comfort and possibly less pressure in controlling your apnea. For me, the FFM's are ok, even kind of nice, but they create additional stress from the headgear and even pain in my whatchacallit gland that runs from my jaw to my ear. I converted to the P10 mask just about as soon as it came out and have never looked back. Not even when I've had a bad cold or something. Sooner or later I believe everyone will use the P10. Resistance is futile.

That's about all I have for you right now other than come back with your actual numbers (pressure, leak amounts, apnea events, etc) and we'll get you fixed up...

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-17-2015, 09:58 PM)sleepyandsore Wrote: also- can I take my SD card out of the Resmed and insert into my computer and then transfer data into sleepy head? I'll look at the sleepyhead info as well to see what to do. The hospital sleep technician said she will receive all my sleep data info through it being transferred to satellite and then to her - would my taking the SD card out interfere with that? ( I'd put it back in after transferring to sleepyhead)

Yes you can. And yes you should. This will not interfere with the data the sleep techs get on-line.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just imported my SD card data into sleepyhead. I then discovered that the SD CARD must have been given to me with someone else's data on it. My sleepyhead profile shows data that is not mine. I just started using the Cpap machine May 13 and its showing data going back into April. How can I remove that from my sleepyhead profile? Any ideas?
Also, how do I attach the charts to my post?
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi sleepyandsore,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Sometimes it takes a while to notice improvements but just hang in there, it does get better.
The nasal pillows mask will offer you better comfort, but it's good that you have two different types of masks to help in your decision.
Hang in there for more responses to your post and much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
How do I.... http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-How-to-HOW-DO-I

use an attachment (such as SleepyHead screenshot) http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ttachments
insert an image (for non CPAP stuff) http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...g-an-Image

As to the mask, if you breathe with your mouth open at night, you'll need a chin strap if you want to use the nasal pillows. Else you can use the full face mask (FFM). If you don't breathe with your mouth open, stick with the nasal pillows or a nasal mask. The leaks with the FFM is just not worth it.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-17-2015, 10:26 PM)sleepyandsore Wrote: I just imported my SD card data into sleepyhead. I then discovered that the SD CARD must have been given to me with someone else's data on it. My sleepyhead profile shows data that is not mine. I just started using the Cpap machine May 13 and its showing data going back into April. How can I remove that from my sleepyhead profile? Any ideas?
Also, how do I attach the charts to my post?

Hi sleepyandsore:

There seems to be an easy way to purge unwanted days from sleepyhead, although I have not tried it and so I cannot be sure exactly what the effect will be. In particular, I wonder whether the days you purge will reappear the next time you transfer data from the SD card. If they do, you may have to keep purging those unwanted days for a while until they are no longer stored on the SD card (which happens after 30 days, I think).

Here's what you need to do: In the menus, top left on the sleepyhead screen, select Daily. Use the calendar below the menus to select the first day you want to purge. In the top menu select: Data>Advanced>Purge Current Selected Day

Repeat the process for the other unwanted days.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: )

"As to still being tired? When I began therapy I felt like I had a great nights sleep but spent my days yawning like crazy. So I could have said I was still tired. But I really think it was my body letting me know how happy it was that I was finally getting some rest. Over time, the yawning went away. I kind of miss it though........."

I am glad you mentioned this. It's exactly how I've been feeling, and I was thinking that something was wrong. Now when I get tired in the day, I'm going to remember that it's my body thanking me Cool

Baire
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-18-2015, 12:31 AM)PaulaO2 Wrote: .......The leaks with the FFM is just not worth it.

Not everyone has leaks with their FFM!

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Low AHI but still feel tired everyday Abhi 3 180 10 hours ago
Last Post: Abhi
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 150 Yesterday, 06:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  Air11 now does daylight savings time! cathyf 5 205 Yesterday, 06:51 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  Feel like my CPAP machine is killing me jimbob123 1 86 Yesterday, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Rich66
  Airsense 11 Time Zone Change ScottZZZ 60 17,426 03-26-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  Juniper's questions juniper 12 267 03-21-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: juniper
  CPAP making me feel very tense while I'm asleep jlpool 15 827 03-16-2024, 05:34 PM
Last Post: jlpool

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.