Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New, quick questions
New, quick questions
Should I use Resmed MyAir or is it just company collecting private information?

The usage report on my machine, is that from last night or total hours machine has been used?

What information to I need to record, keep myself? Will doctor, company get report and then I don't have access?

Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New, quick questions
Also, so far it seems every time I try to practice with setup, I am interrupted by dog wanting in or out, phone or kids. Do all of these start and stops upset the insurance company record?
Post Reply Post Reply
New, quick questions about what?

Welcome, but please, when posting put something in the subject line about what you are asking. It helps us to better help you.

OMMOHY
Post Reply Post Reply
You don't "need" to record any information.
Using software like the free sleeyphead may help you with your treatment, but not required.

If your insurance company paid for your machine, then it will send very limited information-they only care that you actually are using the machine and that the settings are reducing your AHI number. They already know what your AHI number was from the test, typically a good idea to let them know that it was reduced and that treatment is working.

Once you have met the requirements for keeping the machine (compliance) you can set the machine to airplane mode and it will no longer transmit even the limited information that it used to.

The machine can tell if you are wearing the mask or just have the machine turned on. It sends the total hours of actual use, the AHI number, date, and serial number. Not an expert here about all that is sent, but I always had to bring the machine (or just the card) into my Doctors office for him to see anything more than this. They transmit the information over the cell phone network and they pay for every byte of data they send. Oh and they do know the settings and can change them remotely. (this is a good thing so you don't have to drag the machine all over the place just to adjust the pressure settings)

They do not erase any information. sleepyhead will save a copy of everything on your computer if you want a backup of your data.

The report and numbers are for 24 hours, typically noon to noon the next day. They put detailed data on the memory card and keep summary data both on the machine and on the card.

Hope this answers your questions and puts your mind to rest about data collection (they already know the worst numbers about you from the sleep test and are now only getting information about you doing better with treatment-you kind of want them to know this)

Welcome
Post Reply Post Reply
"MyAir" is not very good but it is designed, I think, to give positive feedback and encourage you. I still check it most days - last night I got a 100/100 score. Yay me! Just don't take it too seriously, but if MyAir tells you something is wrong you should pay attention!

"SleepHead" software will work with your machine and it is, in my (not so) humble opinion the cat's meow. I check it every day - just don't get obsessive about it. Er, well, look who's talking! It's reports are chockablock with detail and it takes time to get familiar with that, but after awhile you begin to be able see relationships between what it shows and how you are feeling.

SleepyHead downloads are linked to at the top of the screen. I recommend you download it and take a look what it shows.

I am with those who think patients need to be proactive and "take charge" of their therapy. You may feel differently of course. My doctors seem to be happy with it.
Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi KarKat ,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more responses to your post and I wish you much success with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you everyone. My report screen reset this afternoon so the six hours was one day not including Tues. I appreciate the information. I'm so new that mask didn't work well because I had it upside down. I figured that out quickly.

I think there must be tricks in managing system, like keeping headstrap out of eye, putting mask back on in dark and turning over.

Best information comes from people with real life experience. Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 143 10 hours ago
Last Post: jcp519
  Juniper's questions juniper 12 266 03-21-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: juniper
Question OSCAR Privacy and quick upload Fix? EasySleep 3 100 03-18-2024, 09:34 PM
Last Post: EasySleep
  New - so many questions Matsu1 4 258 02-25-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  A few questions!! Iceracer 2 305 01-19-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: Iceracer
  Need Help. Many Questions wkennedy 6 463 12-31-2023, 10:50 AM
Last Post: wkennedy
  My treatment fun. Questions. robbob2112 15 1,593 10-26-2023, 10:19 AM
Last Post: robbob2112

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.