Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New skins to your cpap
Wink 
New skins to your cpap
Here you can choose and buy a new look to your cpap machine!

<link to CPAP Skins removed>

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed
To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites. This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.
-----
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New skins to your cpap
The reselling value of such a machine would drop significantly.
Post Reply Post Reply
Some people might like to have a custom appearance for a machine so it looks less medicinal. For $30 this seems like an idea that some people may want, and the skins can be removed or peeled off. It looks like you can upload your own image or use a standard pattern. If a custom appearance is what floats your boat, this is a great idea.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
There is an old saying-"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder" If someone chooses to decorate their CPAP, then fine. It's their money. But as a long-time apnea patient (about 32 years now) ,I have never had any wish to change the appearance of any of the some 5 or 6 machines I have owned.So long as the device is functional and relieves my apnea, I will be quite content .

TheDuke
Post Reply Post Reply
If I remember correctly, the one major "skin" company only supported the S9 series and had nothing for the S10 series.

I am not a fan of stickers or skins on electrical devices because they may change the heat transfer characteristics of the original cover material.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
If you wanted a bedroom decor I can see how these would be a dandy idea. You could even change skins when you redecorate.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Found their website and they do look interesting. What would really be nice is someone to invent an easily accessible cover to stop the cats from walking on the machine and turning it ON/OFF. We managed to find a fix for my wife's Dreamstation, but it is real difficult finding the right length for the AirSense. May get a friend to mack a custom one out of plexiglass.  Oh, and putting it in a drawer isn't really an option.  Smile
Homer

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Monitors are also Advisory Members, just with Extra Work assigned.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-18-2019, 10:22 AM)Homerec130 Wrote: Found their website and they do look interesting. What would really be nice is someone to invent an easily accessible cover to stop the cats from walking on the machine and turning it ON/OFF. We managed to find a fix for my wife's Dreamstation, but it is real difficult finding the right length for the AirSense. May get a friend to mack a custom one out of plexiglass.  Oh, and putting it in a drawer isn't really an option.  Smile

Homer, I use a drawer, but you can use any small box or plastic container with a strip of tape or Velcro to act as a hinge, and cover the power button.  Just flip it down and the button is covered. Flip it up to access the button.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-18-2019, 10:37 AM)Sleeprider Wrote:
(05-18-2019, 10:22 AM)Homerec130 Wrote: Found their website and they do look interesting. What would really be nice is someone to invent an easily accessible cover to stop the cats from walking on the machine and turning it ON/OFF. We managed to find a fix for my wife's Dreamstation, but it is real difficult finding the right length for the AirSense. May get a friend to mack a custom one out of plexiglass.  Oh, and putting it in a drawer isn't really an option.  Smile

Homer, I use a drawer, but you can use any small box or plastic container with a strip of tape or Velcro to act as a hinge, and cover the power button.  Just flip it down and the button is covered. Flip it up to access the button.

Challenge on the Airsense is the hose attaches directly behind the power button (at least on mine). I have already sent some measurements to a friend to make a cover for me. I tried a kleenex box with the appropriate cut out and the box got knocked on the floor by one of the cats. Our middle one is the culprit especially around 4 in the morning. :-)
Homer

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Monitors are also Advisory Members, just with Extra Work assigned.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Take a look on Amazon for a Black Clear Plastic Push Button Switch Guard Protector for $8.82. Dimensions are 1"x 0.8" x 0.6"(L*W*H). Looks like it might be a good fit.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.