Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New sleep study results (thoughts?)
New sleep study results (thoughts?)
Howdy, folks!

After about 5 years I finally completed a new sleep study. My AHI improved from 23 to 8.1. I think part of that was losing some weight (20 pounds or so). My goal was to get the Inspire procedure. So, while the 8.1 was good news, the bad news it's too low to qualify for Inspire. So now what? My goal is to get rid of this plastic alien stuck to my face every night. I've used one for 5 years and it's time for it to go. I know many (if not most) of ya'll like the Cpap and adjust well to it. I've never been one of those! I use it daily, because I know it's the healthy option. But I've never liked it. I'm tempted to drop the Cpap now, but it seems like 5.0 seems to be the magic line. Any thoughts or ideas on how to lower my AHI a bit more? I still have a goal of losing an additional 8-10 pounds, maybe that will do it. 

Just fishing for ideas. Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
RE: New sleep study results (thoughts?)
read this WIKI http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._for_Apnea

Options include  Nice job on reduction.
Fred Bonjour - Project Manager and Lead Tester for OSCAR - Open Source CPAP Analysis Reporter 
OSCAR

Download OSCAR
New to Apnea? Helpful tips to ensure success
Mask Primer
Dealing with a DME
Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New sleep study results (thoughts?)
(01-08-2019, 01:50 PM)bonjour Wrote: read this WIKI http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._for_Apnea

Options include  Nice job on reduction.

Awesome! Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My 2nd night results Haroldsdrifting 17 354 05-16-2019, 12:01 AM
Last Post: ajack
  Question about sleep study Beach Hokie 4 171 05-14-2019, 02:51 AM
Last Post: mesenteria
  Sleep study results inconclusive Raptor9800 5 168 05-13-2019, 12:11 PM
Last Post: Raptor9800
  Poor results with CPAP - thoughts? aflynn37 11 358 05-02-2019, 11:42 AM
Last Post: Marillion
  Sleep Study Thoughts? WolfSleeper 1 132 04-29-2019, 02:59 PM
Last Post: mesenteria
  New User - Great Results - Have Questions! BEAV 1 155 04-18-2019, 03:32 PM
Last Post: sheepless
  Airsense10 Autoset: Two machines – 2 different results pabmd 4 306 04-14-2019, 06:45 PM
Last Post: pabmd

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.