Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New study and machine
New study and machine
I had my first study done at sea level 7 years ago and now live at 7500'. Currently using Phillip Resperonics System One BIPAP. Machine seems very tired and not putting out enough pressure. I did register for a new/correct one, but thought I would take this opportunity to get another machine too.

Here's my numbers:

AHI- 38.1
ODI-36.4
RDI-38.1
REI-37.2
Mean SpO2 90%
Min SpO2-85%
Mean HR-49
SpO2 Cumulative time <89% 30.7min
SpO2 Longest span <89% 1.8min
Snoring-23.6 (suggested ENT consult, have deviated septum)
Events by stage:
TST-OA=2.3
NREM-OA=2.5
REM-0

Should I stay w/BIPAP, go CPAP or AUTO

Thanks, I'm now working night shift (nurse) and the lack of quality sleep is kicking my butt Big Grin

Makai1959
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New study and machine
Welcome to the forum.
First stick with the BiLevel, I do assume that you know your machine has been recalled.
You have not provided enough data to be specific. Please provide an OSCAR screenshot (F12), as that will provide information on what is happening and why.

Your O2 SATs are borderline on requiring supplemental Oxygen to absolutely needing it.
Increase your PS by 1and post again with a screenshot and your OSCAR data. I am only addressing your O2 SATs until I can see more data. Increased PS should promote better Gas exchange and improve your O2 SATs.
Post Reply Post Reply
Is this what you need?

Here this too.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Sir, 

is this the information you need?

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
That and your OSCAR screenshot.
Do you know what your oxygen sats are with your BiLevel?
I fully expect them to be normal, but IMHO anyone who shows low overnight sats without a CPAP/BiLevel should have a recording oximeter if only to verify that your night says are normal.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, I agree the SpO2 minimum is low enough to warrant looking at. Next we need a recorded chart, and at least for me, seeing the duration of that low number. This gives us a more full picture of your issue.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Dave, 30 min <89%. On sleep test 1stvpost if you missed it.
Post Reply Post Reply
No surprise Gideon. Thanks. My gallon of coffee didn't wake me up.

Hmm only 30 minutes? That's probably bad enough for supplemental oxygen unless the PAP brings the SpO2 up a bit.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Okay I have a SD in my machine. It will be more accurate. I think the study was pretty generic… a home test.

I’m not very computer savvy, but I’ll try to use Oscar. Is there a tutorial somewhere for Oscar?

Thanks ?
Post Reply Post Reply
Please see the links in my signature.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 247 03-27-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  [CPAP] Titration Study liebano 2 78 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 535 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 193 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  New sleep study after 17 years? Jim1952 2 120 03-21-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Jim1952
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 148 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  Split night sleep study Bwanajohn51 0 68 03-20-2024, 01:07 PM
Last Post: Bwanajohn51

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.