Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New to APAP & Need Advice
RE: New to APAP & Need Advice
Sorry, missed your request.  Attached are the last two nights of OSCAR data.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
It's been a long time since we looked at your charts, and your therapy seems to have settled in AHI arond 2, evenly distributed between CA and OA, with a moderate flow limitation at fixed constant pressure without EPR. Have you tried increasing your pressure by 1-cm and using EPR at 1? I'm just curious if that still triggers more CA events or affects your therapy comfort.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Looking better! How are you feeling?

In an ideal world, you'd be able to address the hypopneas and flow limitations with a bit more EPR. (Your effective EPR is 1.6, since the machine can't go lower than 4.) You'd also have a slightly higher EPAP, to head off obstructive apneas.

To do both of those, you'd need to increase your pressure to something like 7, which would let you experience your full current EPR setting of 2 and have a higher EPAP of 5. You could even go up to 9 with EPR of 3, which would give you an EPAP of 6.

But you might see more CAs, you might be less comfortable, and the changes might not have the desired effects.

It's really your call. Your long-term health will not be affected if you decide just to stick with your current settings. If you feel rested during the day, I'd lean toward advising you to leave your settings alone.

If you don't feel rested during the day, my first piece of advice would be to try to sleep longer. You may need 8 hours of actual sleep, which you're clearly not getting. If that's impossible, or if it doesn't help you feel more rested, then you could try raising your max = min by increments of .2, giving it at least a few days at each new pressure.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleeprider, the OP does have EPR turned on, with an effective EPR of 1.6. Other than that, seems like you and I are on the same page (except that I'm wordier!).
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2 Night on CPAP! Need Advice ed2397 1 115 04-23-2024, 09:23 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  [Treatment] CPAP to Bilevel advice kkjacks 24 1,074 04-22-2024, 02:16 PM
Last Post: kkjacks
  OSCAR advice juniper 7 201 04-12-2024, 05:17 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Headache, Brain Fog, Dizziness, Nausea after APAP Use geosyncline 24 3,311 04-10-2024, 10:17 PM
Last Post: jiyun
  APAP Titration Help Needed dosertg07 2 190 04-09-2024, 11:45 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Pressure] Sefam S Box APAP mode sudden failure Helentw 3 152 04-07-2024, 07:59 AM
Last Post: Helentw
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 52 2,626 04-06-2024, 01:23 PM
Last Post: akarifur

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.