Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New to APAP & Need Advice
RE: New to APAP & Need Advice
The second night at the new pressure range wasn't as good as the first night. I had a lot of CA's. I also shut off the ramp function and was a little uncomfortable at first but was able to fall asleep. Does the Auto ramp function do anything during the night?

I have attached last nights OSCAR report. Any suggestions?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
You certainly had a bunch of CAs toward the end of the night there. But I'd stick with the current settings if I were you. CAs are notorious for varying a lot from one night to the next, so you need some time to see whether there's a trend one way or another.

I *think* auto ramp doesn't do anything unless the machine has been turned off and then on again.
Post Reply Post Reply
Kept the same settings and day 3 was even worse. Any suggestions or just stick with it?

Post Reply Post Reply
Ugh. The series tend to start when your pressure goes up. So try setting max = min = 7 and see how that goes.

I'm curious, did you feel you were pretty much asleep during this CA clusters?
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, I think that I was sleeping well during the cluster.  I'm starting to think that my starting pressure is too high and maybe I should drop it back down.  Maybe not down to the original setting of 5 but maybe trying 6.  I wear an O2Ring and the app showed zero drops over 4% and an average O2 of 96% for the entire night.  it kind of seems like I'm really well oxygenated and don't have the drive to breathe.
Post Reply Post Reply
You could try max = min = 6 if you prefer. This will have the effect of reducing your EPR to 2, which might itself have some benefit.

Your O2 numbers sound very good.
Post Reply Post Reply
Whats the significance of keeping the two numbers the same?  My 95% pressure from last night is 8.68cm therefore it seems like 9cm at the upper end is appropriate.  Why lower it?
Post Reply Post Reply
Another nights worth of data and not much change. Had to turn the ramp back to Auto setting? And advice?

Post Reply Post Reply
The idea of reducing EPR is to maintain a little more CO2. CA events are often related to some over-ventilation which is encouraged by the pressure support (difference between inhale and exhale pressure). When Dormeo suggested setting the minimum and maximum pressure to 6.0, that would effectively make your machine a fixed pressure CPAP with lower maximum pressure and less EPR. I think that was a good idea. Nothing in your results suggests an obstructive problem and the lower pressure and PS should work to reduce CA events and will probably be very comfortable. We can always restore more pressure if your feedback indicates the need.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Last night I changed to max=min=6 with EPR=3 and found that it very comfortable to sleep with these settings. Unfortunately, I was awake for a couple of hours around 3:00AM and took the mask off. I'm interested to see how these settings work for a couple more nights.

I have attached the OSCAR data for any comments or advice.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2 Night on CPAP! Need Advice ed2397 1 101 Yesterday, 09:23 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  [Treatment] CPAP to Bilevel advice kkjacks 24 1,047 04-22-2024, 02:16 PM
Last Post: kkjacks
  OSCAR advice juniper 7 197 04-12-2024, 05:17 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Headache, Brain Fog, Dizziness, Nausea after APAP Use geosyncline 24 3,293 04-10-2024, 10:17 PM
Last Post: jiyun
  APAP Titration Help Needed dosertg07 2 186 04-09-2024, 11:45 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Pressure] Sefam S Box APAP mode sudden failure Helentw 3 147 04-07-2024, 07:59 AM
Last Post: Helentw
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 52 2,608 04-06-2024, 01:23 PM
Last Post: akarifur

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.