Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New to APAP & Need Advice
RE: New to APAP & Need Advice
Now that you have dropped the pressure and increased your EPR, I would try tuning off the ramp. The ramp really isn't doing you any favors.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm glad this was comfortable for you. Yes, stick with these settings for a bit to see how it goes. The timing of the CA clusters really suggests sleep/wake transitional CAs to me. It's fairly likely your body will sort this out with time.
Post Reply Post Reply
Another night at max=min=6 with EPR=3 and ramp now set to OFF. How are things looking? I now see a couple of RERA's for the first time. Anything to be concerned about?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Things are looking good! Are you still sleeping comfortably? Don't worry about the RERAs. There are only two of them, and they seem to be related to the flare of flow limitations you experienced around the same time.

It's good to see those big clumps of CAs diminishing. I'd say stick with these settings for at least another week and then check back in.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, I slept well at the lower pressures. I also wear an O2Ring and, this morning, the app showed an average SPO2 of 96 with only three drops of greater than 3% for the whole night.

You mentioned flow limitations and I'm not really sure what they are or if they are significant.
Post Reply Post Reply
Being at 6 cm and having your EPR set to 3 is the same as setting the EPR to 2. The AS10 can not deliver a pressure lower than 4 cm. The minimum pressure for an EPR setting of 3 to take effect is 7 cm (7-3=4).
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-11-2022, 06:35 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Being at 6 cm and having your EPR set to 3 is the same as setting the EPR to 2. The AS10 can not deliver a pressure lower than 4 cm. The minimum pressure for an EPR setting of 3 to take effect is 7 cm (7-3=4).

I'm sorry but I don't understand your response. I get the fact that the EPR is essentially 2 but don't understand how this relates to flow limits.
Post Reply Post Reply
Fl9w limitations can improve with EPR, but at the moment you’re actually aiming to get the CA flurries under control. So stick with what you’ve got a while longer.
Post Reply Post Reply
The greater the delta between the EPAP and IPAP pressures aids in reducing flow limitations.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
@APAP4ME
Re: Flow limits

Flow limitations are anything that impedes the flow of air in or out of your respiratory system (eg: airway obstruction or positional obstruction). I believe it's a shorter time than HA/CA/OA so it doesn't get flagged.
I've noticed the experts here often reference the "95% flow limit" data on the left Oscar side bar (looking for it under 0.1, preferably under 0.03)

Here's a link to more flow limitation info on the wiki so I don't give you incorrect info. (If the link doesn't work, copy/paste)

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...limitation

The wiki here is a huge resource to help us newbies.

Welcome!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 16 297 7 hours ago
Last Post: Expat31
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 175 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 868 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 43 1,802 03-25-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: Uzupan
  Issues with APAP WWYD FlyingUmbrella683 1 87 03-22-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  New APAP machine: Lowenstein Prisma Smart Max Robert Detz 10 371 03-21-2024, 07:58 AM
Last Post: WisNaeMe
  [Health] RESMED APAP tuning sleeper2460 10 576 03-18-2024, 08:43 AM
Last Post: sleeper2460

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.