Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New to ASV-Need help getting more symptom relief
RE: New to ASV-Need help getting more symptom relief
That is a problem that I need to address.  Please post in your future posts the settings from your machine as they do help us help you.
It will NOT change in SleepyHead, but OSCAR, yes it will change, not in the initial release, but in a subsequent one.

That said I see a positive change from changing min PS from 0 to 3 but we can improve more, Please change min PS to 4.

And how are you feeling, are you seeing improvements?
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks. I will make that change. It's only one day, but it is now 1:50pm and i am nodding off at my desk. So, no improvement after 1 night.
Post Reply Post Reply
On the Flow rate chart, you mentioned the black bars. Were you referring to the very top of the graph or across the middle of the graph at 0.0? I noticed that between the 19th and 20th, there are less black marks at the top, but the black line in the middle that is going up and down, also seems to be staying closer to 0.0. So, i'm not sure which one is the forced breath indicator. The Flow Rate chart is the one that i still know the least about.
Post Reply Post Reply
The chart does have "Timed Breath." Is that the same as a forced breath?
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes Timed Breath, they are indicated at the top of the Flow Rate chart and look the same as events in the event chart.

Flow Rate, To understand it better expand the chart by left clicking on it multiple times. I would also right click on the title and select dotted lines, then select zero. Everything above the zero line is inhalation, everything below it is exhalation. The wave forms can indicate what is happening to you on a breath by breath basis. Press the arrow keys on your keyboard to move your view to the right or left.
Post Reply Post Reply
On the summary section, where it lists Periodic Breathing, Large Leak, Clear Airway, etc. the last one is Timed Breath. Is that # the total forced breaths to the night? And what is the number in () next to the timed breath? Most of the time it is 14, 15 or 16. I did see a few other numbers too, but most of them are those 3 numbers. Thanks, again. You're a really huge help.
Post Reply Post Reply
The 91.3 Timed Breath, I don't know but it is not a count because it is not an integer, I suspect that it is either total minutes or an index similar to AHI.  The numbers in per() would be the duration in seconds as it is for all other events.
Post Reply Post Reply
We created support for the advanced Philips BiPAP machines in Sleepyhead 1.1.0 but the ability to transcribe settings is clearly not perfect. Hacking machine data is a difficult task, and the version of Sleepyhead you are using contains the best interpretation of the hexadecimal data from the SD card that exists. What we really need is manufacturer cooperation to provide an interpretation of the data. Working on it.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I also think min ps 4
I'd also have min epap 7 and see if that helps to clear the OA/H and snore
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
1 change at a time. And I haven't seen any significant OA to warrant increasing minimum yet.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Help! 40 days CPAP no symptom relief. What's wrong? cpapmj 2 122 04-14-2024, 02:16 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  [Symptoms] Recent Symptom - Settings Change? MamaK55 1 192 02-10-2024, 06:03 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Muggzy's Therapy Thread - My quest for relief Muggzy 6 617 01-07-2024, 06:32 PM
Last Post: Muggzy
  Isn't Resmed's Expiratory Pressure Relief really Inspiratory Pressure Support?? Reznik 122 19,015 12-09-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  [Pressure] relief from high pressure sistrunk 3 425 08-20-2023, 11:14 AM
Last Post: Millstone50
  Desperately seeking relief - Pressure help robporky88 13 1,064 03-12-2023, 05:32 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  BIPAP vs Expiratory pressure relief KReardon 5 788 12-02-2022, 04:58 PM
Last Post: KReardon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.