Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New to Actually Posting - 2nd sleep study results (Need an ASV)
New to Actually Posting - 2nd sleep study results (Need an ASV)
Thought I would share my 2nd Sleep Study Results. In a Nutshell - My first was 3 year's ago it was mild was prescribed an auto C-pap, was always tired and AHI was real high still. Took me doing my own research, reading my data, learning from apnea forums & most importantly switching Dr's were they would actually want and get a 2nd sleep study done. Results of second sleep study are below. It was on Bi-Pap overall AHI = 78.6 per hr, Central apnea Index = 67.0 per hr. Next up a third study next week with an ASV (What me and the 2nd dr knew was needed), but these are the hurdles one must jump to get insurance to agree/pay. Seems they actually spend more money then save. They have taken alot of control away from Dr's.

Thanks in advance for any input etc. I do use a "loaner" older s9 adapt asv but I still cant seem to get my ahi below the 20's. The Dr hopes with a newer ASV it would have more tuning options etc.

Well I tried to put into the message scans of my sleep study from imgur but guess since I am a noob at posting it would allow me. hopefully i can reach whatever limit and be allowed to share the study or if their was another way to do so that would be great.

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New to Actually Posting - 2nd sleep study results (Need an ASV)
Best of luck with the ASV titration. Those are some pretty horrible AHI numbers for bilevel! Just for reference, could you summarize your current settings on the S9 Adapt? What kinds of events comprise most of your residual AHI?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi metsfan302,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Much success to you as you continue your CPAP therapy and good luck to you at your ASV titration.
Hang in there for more answers to your questions.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi metsfan302,

When you get up to your 8th post I think the forum software automatically grants new members more privileges.

Your profile says CPAP Pressure: ps min 10 - max 15

I think ResMed ASV machines do not allow the Min PS to be higher than 6. EPAP is the pressure during exhalation. PS is the pressure difference between exhalation and inhalation, the amount by which the pressure is boosted during inhalation.

If your EPAP or Min EPAP is 10 and your Max Pressure is 15, those settings would not allow the machine to treat your central apneas adequately.

I suggest it would be helpful for you to request by email the setup manual (Clinician Guide) for the loaner ASV machine.
You can scroll down on the instructions page to section 3: http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual

Would be helpful to know what are the present pressure setting settings are.

EPAP (if in ASV therapy mode) or Min EPAP (if in ASVAuto therapy mode):
Min PS:
Max PS:
Max Pressure or Max IPAP:

Take care,
--- Vaughn

The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-19-2016, 02:34 AM)vsheline Wrote: Hi metsfan302,

When you get up to your 8th post I think the forum software automatically grants new members more privileges.

Your profile says CPAP Pressure: ps min 10 - max 15

I think ResMed ASV machines do not allow the Min PS to be higher than 6. EPAP is the pressure during exhalation. PS is the pressure difference between exhalation and inhalation, the amount by which the pressure is boosted during inhalation.

If your EPAP or Min EPAP is 10 and your Max Pressure is 15, those settings would not allow the machine to treat your central apneas adequately.

I suggest it would be helpful for you to request by email the setup manual (Clinician Guide) for the loaner ASV machine.
You can scroll down on the instructions page to section 3:

Would be helpful to know what are the present pressure setting settings are.

EPAP (if in ASV therapy mode) or Min EPAP (if in ASVAuto therapy mode):
Min PS:
Max PS:
Max Pressure or Max IPAP:

Take care,
--- Vaughn

Thanks going to make a few replies to diff topics to see if getting up to the 8-10 post mark will allow me to post / link embed etc whatever its called my sleep study for fokes to look at. The settings of this machine I came to arrive at were from the help of a diff forum's member Pugsy. Shes been wonderful in helping me along in my journey and taught me a heck of a lot more then my orig sleep dr ever did and well got me to were I am today of being pro active in my health and trying to get the right machine for what I seem to have - Severe Obstructive and Central Apnea's. I do have my sleep study from 3 years ago also but at that time it was only mild with an AHI of 7. hence prescribed the auto cpap but along the way things have changed and here I am lol. Looking forward to continuing this adventure to find actual rested sleep. This group does seem to have quite a few members who have an ASV or know a lot about them. thanks again !!!!
Post Reply Post Reply
Just to clarify, you can attach images regardless of the number of posts you have. The size of image and number of kilobytes allocated will increase with the number of posts you have up. You can't post clickable links (eg to Flikr) until you have eight posts. Once you do achieve eight posts the permission isn't instant but will be processed in a batch process so it may be several hours later before you can actually post a link.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks - DeepBreathing

The study is like 5 pages or so in length, should make it to 8 or more a bit later and hopefully will be able to post the study tonight or tomm.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hey Metsfan302, just tell me Hi, and you're there. As you can see, I have the opposite problem with post count.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey metsfan302, welcome. more sources of information is always better Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-19-2016, 02:43 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Hey Metsfan302, just tell me Hi, and you're there. As you can see, I have the opposite problem with post count.

Srry could not reply yesterday, I reached a max of 7 posts :-)

Am sure it helps weed out spammers

hopefully ill be able to post the sleep study / bi-pap tritration to get some opinions on it etc
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 215 Yesterday, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  [CPAP] Titration Study liebano 2 72 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 528 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  Can someone take a look at my OSCAR results? 3-4 weeks of CPAP & still improvements senseisaitama 5 129 03-24-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 189 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  New sleep study after 17 years? Jim1952 2 117 03-21-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Jim1952
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 143 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.