Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New to Actually Posting - 2nd sleep study results (Need an ASV)
RE: New to Actually Posting - 2nd sleep study results (Need an ASV)
Vaughn,

The settings on this seem pretty basic vs some of the newer machines.

It's the s9 Adapt, A close friend basicly sold me their back up machine as they saw how horrable things were with my machine at the time a PR System One Auto-Cpap (Ahi was avging 40-60+).

Epap 9
Min PS - 4
Max PS - 15

I have been able to get it slightly lower on this machine but only into the teens-20's.

Hopefully with a newer machine the resp tech and Dr will be able to further adjust things and I can get a lower AHI, I am hoping atleast!

I'll post sleep study, screens of sleephead etc whatevers needed to help then I am able to do so. Will try thru the day to see if it goes thru.

Thanks Again Everyone!
Eric
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is my sleep study. :-) enjoy lol. I don't think its pretty and no I was not going for some High Score lol.

It takes me a long time to get into REM sleep it show and well yea I am only there a few mins.

The AHI's are I guess pretty high. This was on a Bi-Pap Machine.

5 Pages total.

Page 1-
[Image: kVuEvXql.jpg]

Page 2 -

[Image: T80JvWEl.jpg?1]

Page 3 -

[Image: GFjIWhzl.jpg?1]

Page 4 -

[Image: DmCfX5Ml.jpg?1]

Page 5 -

[Image: K6u4lyYl.jpg?1]
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, you need an ASV. And what's with that max heart rate of 188 BPM?

Does your doctor have your complete medical history?
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-20-2016, 09:29 AM)metsfan302 Wrote: Vaughn,

It's the s9 Adapt, A close friend basicly sold me their back up machine as they saw how horrable things were with my machine at the time a PR System One Auto-Cpap (Ahi was avging 40-60+).

Epap 9
Min PS - 4
Max PS - 15

I have been able to get it slightly lower on this machine but only into the teens-20's.

Hopefully with a newer machine the resp tech and Dr will be able to further adjust things and I can get a lower AHI, I am hoping atleast!

I'll post sleep study, screens of sleephead etc whatevers needed to help then I am able to do so. Will try thru the day to see if it goes thru.

Thanks Again Everyone!
Eric

Those settings make more sense than what was in your profile. It will be interesting to see some Sleepyhead data on the S9 Adapt. This links provides some ideas on how to organize SH data for best results. http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ganization

You should be able to post attachments and links now without a problem. If you would like to post larger images linked from Imgur, this tutorial explains how to do that: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...pnea_Board

Glad to see you're on a better track. Your sleep study clearly shows complex apnea, mainly central that requires ASV.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-20-2016, 10:34 AM)justMongo Wrote: Yes, you need an ASV. And what's with that max heart rate of 188 BPM?

Does your doctor have your complete medical history?

Yes she has it all.

Not sure, she did not even mention that part, just saw that, even the 80's seem high for sleeping i guess - guess its from the high ahi - me struggling to breath?

She wants to get me on the right machine then we can address other issues
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-20-2016, 10:54 AM)Sleeprider Wrote:
(02-20-2016, 09:29 AM)metsfan302 Wrote: Vaughn,

Epap 9
Min PS - 4
Max PS - 15

Thanks Again Everyone!
Eric

Those settings make more sense than what was in your profile. It will be interesting to see some Sleepyhead data on the S9 Adapt. This links provides some ideas on how to organize SH data for best results. http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ganization

You should be able to post attachments and links now without a problem. If you would like to post larger images linked from Imgur, this tutorial explains how to do that: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...pnea_Board

Glad to see you're on a better track. Your sleep study clearly shows complex apnea, mainly central that requires ASV.

Not sure what to post - if this shows the info u were wondering about

[Image: VCRkYuBl.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
Does your machine have the ASV Auto mode? Alternatively can you give us the model number from the label on the back of the blower unit?

In ASV Auto mode, the EPAP will float within a preset range as required. I'd suggest a setting of maybe 10 - 15, leaving your PS setting unchanged which will give an IP Max of 30 (if your machine will do that, I can't recall). The reason I suggest this is that you're still getting a lot of apneas which may include residual obstructives, which the higher EPAP should control. But your machine is spending a lot of time up around 25 (IPAP) which indicates that the centrals aren't fully under control either.

Post Reply Post Reply
In looking through your 5 page sleep study, it seems that you didn't have any Obstructive Apnea events. My data looked similar to yours and my settings are quite different. I am using a Resmed Aircurve 10 ASV machine. My IPAP is set at 8 and my PS is 2 giving me an EPAP setting of 6. This setting is low enough that it doesn't change Hypopneas (Periodic Breathing) into Centrals. The machine measures a moving average of my respiration rate and adds pressure when I slow down or stop breathing. When I am breathing normally the machine provides an EPAP pressure around 6.5 and an IPAP of about 10.5. As soon as I deviate the machine adds pressure to stimulate breathing. The machine adds pressure and breath pulses to keep my breathing at a rate determined by the moving average. It seems that in your case your starting pressures are high to begin with. When the machine tries to intervene it is adding more pressure and gets into a fairly high range. While your trying different settings you might want to try a night with your EPAP at 6 and IPAP at 8. Your machine will then have a lot more headroom to stimulate your breathing. These initial settings are also low enough that you will see a minimal amount of CO2 washout which triggers Central events. I will follow this thread to see how you are doing.

RichB
Apnea Board Member RobySue has posted a Beginners Guide to Sleepyhead Software here:  http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...SleepyHead

Download Sleepyhead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Post images

Post Reply Post Reply
Quote:In looking through your 5 page sleep study, it seems that you didn't have any Obstructive Apnea events.

On the contrary, I see 4 mixed apneas and 52 hypopneas giving a mixed + hypopnea index of 11.5. This alone is a mild case of obstructive sleep apnea, quite apart from all the centrals. I still see hypopneas in the treated charts - these are obstructive events, and are not periodic breathing. The way the Adapt works, any recorded apneas are likely to be obstructive, which are treated by raising the EPAP.

Post Reply Post Reply
I kind of agree with the above. I think you could start with lower EPAP (8.0) and lower minimum PS (2.0). Let the machine work on the centrals, and keep the pressures within reason until that is needed. If obstructive events become evident, then higher EPAP may be needed, but it appears you're being blown away by a combination of high EPAP and high minimum PS. A less active system will be so much more restful and effective.

It would be helpful to zoom in on the flow rate waveform during some of these events to really see where in the respiratory cycle the event is initiated.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 244 Yesterday, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  [CPAP] Titration Study liebano 2 78 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 534 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  Can someone take a look at my OSCAR results? 3-4 weeks of CPAP & still improvements senseisaitama 5 133 03-24-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 192 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  New sleep study after 17 years? Jim1952 2 120 03-21-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Jim1952
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 148 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.