Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New to Apnea Board & SH, would you review screenshot please?
New to Apnea Board & SH, would you review screenshot please?
Hi,

I was diagnosed with OSA just over five years ago.  The sleep doctor prescribed a basic Fisher and Paykel Icon which insurance fully covered, so not knowing any better, I happily hooked it up and started therapy.  I saw the doctor once a year and he said everything was OK, except that I was still tired all of the time.  I slept as much possible while still making a living, so the doctor diagnosed Excessive Daytime Sleepiness and prescribed Modfinil, which helped a little.  

Six months ago the Icon died but the doctor had moved, so i saw his replacement.  Based on my symptoms and history he put me on a PR Dreamstation APAP, which is when I started doing my research. After a few months on the Dreamstation, he decided a new sleep study was needed. Unfortunately I didn't get much sleep and never fell into REM, but he still felt there was enough data to go with a Bi-Level. Now I'm about to go through a Bi-Level Titration study as he thinks my apnea can't be controlled by an APAP.  

I did an at-home oximeter test with a meter provided by the DME company last week.  I don't have a copy of the results, but my oxygen levels fell to 60% several times during the early morning hours, probably during REM sleep.  

I've reviewed the help topics and the literature and have gained some understanding of the charts, but am still unsure. Any insight you can give me is appreciated!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New to Apnea Board & Sleepyhead, would you review screenshot please?
I think I'f bump the minimum pressure up to 15cm and see if you can prevent a lot of those events from happening. In your first sleep study did they ever mention anything about mixed apnea?
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
The only thing I know about the first sleep study is that the AHI was 63 and that i didn't go into REM.  

The new sleep doctor mentioned the possibility of central apnea after reviewing my three month APAP downloads, and the 2nd sleep study was to confirm that.  Unfortunately, when he mentioned the possibility of needing supplemental oxygen while reviewing the sleep study, my prepared questions flew out the window and I forgot to ask him about the central apnea.  

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi halokittie,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck as you continue CPAP therapy.
Hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Well bumping up to 15 may or may not work. But I'd try it for a night and see how it goes.
Download SleepyHead
Posting Charts
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
I would bump to 15 too, If it were my chart and then review. There may be some positional stuff as well, it's wait and see.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks!  I'll bump it up to 15 tonight and post an update tomorrow.
Post Reply Post Reply
It won't resolve any CA that you have had for a few months, but you should be able to clear up some OA and H side of things. As to the o2, that may be done with another machine, if the cpap doesn't level you out. The doctor will sort it out as he continues your treatment. If you can keep the CA around 2 and have OA/H of 2 totalling ahi 4, I'd call that a win.

the snoring seems resolved at about 15
This video is worth watching
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gie2dhqP2c&t=5s
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
The snore detection is disabled at pressures above 16cm. Better to just go by the apnea events.
Download SleepyHead
Posting Charts
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Got an error message when putting the SD card back into the Dreamstation last night, so didn't get any data at the new pressure.  I'll scrounge up a new SD card and try again tonight.  Thanks for all the help!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 615 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 165 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  Please help with treatment review DaveL 862 53,022 03-04-2024, 05:06 PM
Last Post: DaveL
  Sleep physicians that value OSCAR and the Apnea Board community FrankFuss 26 3,321 02-28-2024, 05:25 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  New to the board: Pre Therapy, suspected Central Apnea MVoltaire 12 485 02-28-2024, 04:31 PM
Last Post: MVoltaire
  Screenshot analysis yankees123 10 368 01-31-2024, 05:40 PM
Last Post: yankees123
  Sleep Study Review - Missed PLMS? pezhead99 4 332 01-22-2024, 08:27 PM
Last Post: WhyMe

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.