Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New to Apnea Board & SH, would you review screenshot please?
RE: New to Apnea Board & Sleepyhead, would you review screenshot please?
Dropped the pressure to 10-14 last night - screenshot is attached.  Is one day enough to establish a baseline, or should I leave it at 10-14 for a couple more days before I start tweaking?

I sincerely appreciate the help from everyone who has responded, and Sleeprider in particular for the patience he has shown.  In general I am a competent, intelligent person, but this sleep stuff doesn't match my strengths and I'm floundering badly.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New to Apnea Board & Sleepyhead, would you review screenshot please?
Dropping pressure to 10-14 cm increased obstructive apnea from 1.3 at 19 cm to 2.48 and increased hypopnea from .95 to 3.41. So the idea that OA will respond to lower EPAP pressure may not work out. So the lower pressure approximately doubled OA and tripled H events..

What this tells me is that your effective EPAP pressure may be at a higher pressure, however, the hypopnea can be treated in bilevel with pressure support. With a bilevel titration you may end up with an EPAP pressure of 15 to 17, but I think the pressure support will address hypopnea in a way we cannot accomplish with your Dreamstation auto CPAP. I would suggest going for comfort, but low pressure is not going to achieve the lowest AHI with CPAP. You should request the Bilevel titration and prescription that should have been done in your last test. Even with the higher EPAP pressure, bilevel will end up feeling more comfortable than CPAP at your current high pressure of 19-20.

Your titration study did not indicate obstructive events at these pressures, so I still wonder if with Bilevel therapy whether the high pressure would be needed.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] OSCAR Data Review for New User goodfella7763 3 184 04-15-2024, 08:42 PM
Last Post: goodfella7763
  Just getting started, looking for an OSCAR data review mattcole3 3 112 04-12-2024, 12:56 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Oscar review please SleepyJeff 1 170 04-04-2024, 06:33 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  Newbie - CPAP data review and titration empiricismandstatistics 0 111 04-03-2024, 03:08 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 770 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 223 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  Please help with treatment review DaveL 862 55,130 03-04-2024, 05:06 PM
Last Post: DaveL

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.