Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New to Apnea / CPAP - Avoid DME and Go Straight to Online Purchase?
RE: New to Apnea / CPAP - Avoid DME and Go Straight to Online Purchase?
It occurred to me that you can probably use this document:

"Resmed Device and Accessories Guide" (PDF, 2 pages)
http://www.resmed.com/us/dam/documents/a...-guide.pdf

That tells us that the configuration you want is one of these two:
  • "AirSense 10 AutoSet for Her with HumidAir and ClimateLineAir", Canadian model number 37405
  • or: "AirSense 10 AutoSet with HumidAir and ClimateLineAir", Canadian model number 37403
Then there's the Philips Respironics mask (full kit) of your choice, and an unheated 6-foot CPAP tube with standard connectors, could be Resmed or anything else. The Resmed tubes are listed in that document, and the numbers are 36810 for Slimline and 14994 for standard diameter.
Post Reply Post Reply
Great. Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
Quick update on this. After visiting with DME could see that I would be fine to use them (they provided nice, if not nearly as informed service as found here on this boar) if I was covered on some kind of health plan to cover all/some of the costs and didn't have the interest/time/expertise of intensive self-learning and the support of this board. In first meeting for doing titration study, fitting, conversation, etc. the conversation became a bit strained when I asked about pricing indicating this was important since I was going to have to pay 100% of the costs of this personally. The respiratory therapist, which respectfully has the same experience as buying a car at a dealership, would only give me a vague range in pricing, she said they would work with me but could only provide me with specifics after our meeting. They did provide me with a price list, but after seeing that the mix of gear I was looking at was going to be around $2800 after their mark up I was able to order with what I hope is a reliable supplier here online in Canada for $1009, no taxes and free shipping. I declined to proceed with the trial with them. I'd like to shop local, appreciate their service, but $1800 is more than I could swallow as a mark up for the services. Thank you again for everyone here who has helped with this journey. Going to post an update on how things are going in a few weeks to share with others who might need support on this journey. Just made a small donation to apneaboard.com in kind as thank for all the help so far!
Post Reply Post Reply
Good luck with the new equipment! If I had visited this board before my purchase (DreamStation) I might have got the  ResMed. I'm lucky, though. The DreamStation has worked just fine for me. If/when it comes time to replace it, I'll probably try the ResMed.

For now, I've got to get off my duff and learn how to use SleepyHead. I can see that AHI has dropped to around 1.4 and have been tinkering with settings and masks to see what effect I can have on hypopneas and RERAs.

The DreamMapper app (as mentioned elsewhere on the board) is nothing but an annoyance. So that's at least one bit of silliness from Philips that you won't even have to decide not to use!

Wink
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Just Diagnosed - Advice Required on What to Purchase Dazkd1969 0 59 Yesterday, 12:06 PM
Last Post: Dazkd1969
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 615 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Canadian here without insurance. Purchase advice needed. TrailerSweetheart 31 5,527 03-21-2024, 06:54 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Central Sleep Apnea, CPAP, and rough early mornings middleraven 4 387 02-02-2024, 03:59 PM
Last Post: middleraven
  Sleep apnea monitors without cPAP LVH115 14 958 01-17-2024, 11:01 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [CPAP] Questions about CPAP pressure algorithms about apnea charlie4691 5 581 12-27-2023, 11:43 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  A slightly different way to avoid chin tucking Deborah K. 4 998 12-12-2023, 10:11 AM
Last Post: ejbpesca

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.